AXE IO One stops playing multiple audio sources

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO One stops playing multiple audio sources

Postby Ramses2ii » Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:43 pm

Hello,

I have a AXE IO One and Windows 11 PC.

When I use a browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) to play background tracks from Youtube or Ultimate Guitar etc. I can hear the sound ok. Then, when I start up AmpliTube in order to play it over the ongoing background music the browser will stop sending sound, even though it's playback seems to continue ok.

The same thing happens when listening to Spotify and running AmpliTube over it. The sound of Spotify just stops, even though the song seems to go on. I can use either one, but not at the same time.

What setting would help me with this problem?

I have also an AXE I/O old model elsewhere, and it works well with multiple audio sources playing audible at the sime time.

Thanks.
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Re: AXE IO One stops playing multiple audio sources

Postby whizzercone » Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:37 pm

Mine slowly breaks my entire system (shows in videos and games). Unplugging/replugging or rebooting fixes it for awhile. A fix would be nice.

FYI, I just plugged my Audioquest Dragonfly in and when audio is set to that it's fine, and when it is on the Axe,it doesn't work.
whizzercone

Postby rstubes » Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Ramses2ii, I think the moderators will tell you reach out to tech support. This is definitely something they should be able to help you with.

That being said, I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a sample rate mismatch. Determine what sample rate the interface is running in the AXE I/O Control Panel. Then make sure the playback device is configured to use the same sample rate in windows. It's a little buried in Windows10 but in Windows Control Panel > Sound select the AXE IO and then go to properties and Advanced. There you can select the sample rate for the device. Mine were different and when I set the windows setting to match the AXE IO control panel it started working again.

Not sure how or why they get out of sync but this is the first thing I check when I can't play along with YouTube. Hope this helps.
rstubes

Postby whizzercone » Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:30 pm

rstubes wrote:Ramses2ii, I think the moderators will tell you reach out to tech support. This is definitely something they should be able to help you with.

That being said, I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a sample rate mismatch. Determine what sample rate the interface is running in the AXE I/O Control Panel. Then make sure the playback device is configured to use the same sample rate in windows. It's a little buried in Windows10 but in Windows Control Panel > Sound select the AXE IO and then go to properties and Advanced. There you can select the sample rate for the device. Mine were different and when I set the windows setting to match the AXE IO control panel it started working again.

Not sure how or why they get out of sync but this is the first thing I check when I can't play along with YouTube. Hope this helps.

Great ideas. Going to see what I can figure out.
whizzercone

Return to Interfaces & Controllers