AXE IO SOLO - output to amp from PC and record the audio

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO SOLO - output to amp from PC and record the audio

Postby Coolruler12 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:44 am

ok, so I have a Protools project which I have recorded my guitar tracks into. Ive edited them and the playback is using Amplitube so all good there - as long as I'm ok with the amplitube sound - I also have Tonex for the record.

What I would like to do is:
1. playback from protools my edited guitar (dry) track and output via the axe IO solo to my nice valve amp - so the sound is cool, accurate for what I want to achieve given the edits Ive done.
2 I then want to record what is played back from the amp - ideally via my Axe IO Solo.

So the Protools would be playing and recording at the same time - as would the axe IO solo.

Is this possible?
Win 11 Pro 32 GB Ram i7 proc.
Axe IO Solo, Amplitube Max, Novation Launchkey Mk3 49.
Protools, Ableton.
Coolruler12

Re: AXE IO SOLO - output to amp from PC and record the audio

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:11 pm

You can use the Amp Out on AXE I/O Solo for re-amping. Section 2.1 in the User Manual called Direct amplifier output & Re-Amplification covers this in more detail.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Coolruler12 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:02 pm

hey.. Thanks for that.

I know the amp out can be used for re amping but the question is around both output (re-amping) and input (recording) at the same time.

Currently I just record from guitar into the input but I'm interested to know if anyone has experience of outputting with simulateous inputting.

I will try this out anyway but still its an interesting thought - viz:
1. Record some untidy guitar stuff into DAW
2. Tidy it up in DAW
3. Amp out the tidied up edited recording from DAW via AXE IO SOLO to my real Amp
4. Simultaneously record the real amp playback via microphone into AXE IO SOLO back into a new track in the DAW
5. Item 4 would then give a real Amp recording of the edited recording, which would be nice..
Protools, Ableton.
Coolruler12

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:54 pm

That's covered in that section too. You can send the mic'd amp back into the AXE I/O Solo input.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Coolruler12 » Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:45 pm

Wow thats fantastic. I've not tried it yet but I shall indeed RTFM :)
Protools, Ableton.
Coolruler12

Return to Interfaces & Controllers