Sound coming from Axe I/O randomly stops during playback.

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Sound coming from Axe I/O randomly stops during playback.

Postby Savandil » Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm

Sound coming from Axe I/O randomly stops during playback or being muted (Spotify or any audio and also witihin DAW). Then resumes after few seconds.

I have this issue from the beginning of my purchase (2019), at first i thought it was Windows 10 issue, but after moving to Mac (latest Sonoma) i'm experiencing the same behaviour. I can't exactly reproduced this issue, it happens randomly. Same bug occurs on another Axe I/O unit that my brother bought.

However i've noticed that when i was using Axe I/O as a input for guitar, but set my Output in Mac to external speakers, that issue was not present at all. Spotify audio never muted and also within DAW everything worked as it supposed to. It seems that sometimes Axe I/O is having trouble with Outputs, looks like it is muting them or putting them to "sleep" for few seconds then resumes normal operation.

I tried:
Reinstalling OS
Using USB 2.0 instead 3.0
Axe I/O is updated with latest firmware 1.10.
All outputs in Control Center are active and not muted.
Leaving only 1/2 outputs active.
Disabling Control Center from auto launch.

I believe that it is not a faulty hardware but something wrong with drivers/software, my brother is experiencing the same issue with his Axe I/O.
Savandil

Re: Sound coming from Axe I/O randomly stops during playback

Postby Savandil » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:06 pm

Here are videos with issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugE5MvL4gGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2pTAeqoInQ

I tried reaching customer support, send them as much info as i could. After i was able to catch this bug on video and send it to customer support they went silent and i didn't receive any response on the issue. I'm just trying to figure out if is it a hardware issue or software issue since this bug is on Windows and Mac and also on my brothers AXE I/O. If anyone from IK reading this, please tell me what can i do get answer what is causing this frustrating issue.
Savandil

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:16 pm

What is your ticket number?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savandil » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:46 pm

Savandil

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:03 pm

Savandil wrote:#1042287

Thank you, I've relayed that to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savandil » Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:11 pm

[mod edit - Please review the post at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 which has guidelines for posting in this forum including what to do when you have a ticket which isn't being handled to your satisfaction. It also explains that posts about leaving the forum, IK, or similar will also be removed]
Savandil

Postby crice1988 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:07 am

Did you ever get this solved?? I have the same issue where it's like the AXE I/O just dies and I have to turn it off, wait a few, then turn it back on. It seems to happen any time something interacts with the sound drivers?? Maybe? Guitarpro, Spotify, YouTube, Quadcortex etc..
crice1988

Postby Savandil » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:50 am

Unfortunately, I have not been able to fix it. None of the advice found on the internet has helped. My theory is that is either a firmware issue or hardware issue. For some reason Axe is muting outputs randomly. Why? I don't know, i wish there was a fix for this.
Savandil

Return to Interfaces & Controllers