Axe I/O One disappears every time I close a Logic project

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O One disappears every time I close a Logic project

Postby astrogirlplays » Thu May 30, 2024 5:22 pm

Hello all! I'm not sure if this is a Logic or an interface firmware issue. Since Logic automatically updated to 11, I've been having this bug where when I close a project, the I/O One would disappear from the audio device list. To solve this, I'll have to quit out Logic completely, or plug/replug the interface which is a pain every time I need to change a project.

I've confirmed this is an issue limited to Logic only because while the device isn't registered by Logic, I can still see I/O being used as the in/output device in System Preferences.

I've tried updating my macOS to the latest to no avail. I can't roll back on the Logic's version cuz I'm not gonna do Time Machine or something like that just for this. I just wanted to see if anyone's seen this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Info:
Logic Pro 11.0.0
macOS Sonoma 14.5
MBP 2018 Intel i5
astrogirlplays

Re: Axe I/O One disappears every time I close a Logic projec

Postby dj_shatterglass » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:50 pm

I've had a problem with Axe I/O One disconnecting. It's not just when I quit Logic, though; it's all the time. (I just had to unplug it and reconnect it just now.) I seems to happen more often after I 1) upgraded to Mac OS 14.5, 2) upgraded to Logic 11, and 3) installed ProTools Intro. Like I said, though, it disconnects independent of Logic, like if I'm using it to drive Amplitube directly.

At first I thought it was a power issue — I had it connected to a USB hub. Then I tried connecting it to a powered USB hub, but that didn't help. I moved some things around and connected it directly to my Mac mini M2 Pro using a USB-C cable but that still hasn't helped.

I was hoping for a firmware update or something. Is anyone else having this problem?
dj_shatterglass

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:06 pm

dj_shatterglass wrote:I was hoping for a firmware update or something. Is anyone else having this problem?

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? Please do so via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw if you have not done so already in which case you won't have to hope for a solution but will be able to interact with someone who can help resolve your issue directly with you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Patthedog123 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:48 pm

Yes I have the the same problem with the AXE I/O One. Closing a Logic Project, or even double pressing the stop keyboard shortcut (numeric keypad 0) to reset the playhead results in my MacBook temporarily losing connection to the AXE. If I look in the Console crash logs I see multiple references to coreAudiod.

It started happening since the Logic 11 update and seems specific to the AXE I/O. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with my MOTU interface or using the MacBook's built in audio interface.
Last edited by Patthedog123 on Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patthedog123

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:57 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
dj_shatterglass wrote:I was hoping for a firmware update or something. Is anyone else having this problem?

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? Please do so via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw if you have not done so already in which case you won't have to hope for a solution but will be able to interact with someone who can help resolve your issue directly with you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Patthedog123 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:58 am

@astrogirlplays Did you ever find a solution to this? I've contacted support but haven't received a reply yet.
Patthedog123

Postby Patthedog123 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:20 pm

I took some Sunday afternoon time to troubleshoot this. It occurred to me that as well as being an audio interface, the AXE I/O One is a MIDI interface. So I went through each of the Reset Message sent to external MIDI ports, and lo and behold, turning them all off solved the problem. Then I went back through each them to see which were okay to turn back on. It turns out that selecting any more than three of the controller reset messages causes the interface to disconnect. 

My guess is that there's something in the AXE I/O firmware which causes it to crash/reset when it receives the reset messages from Logic Pro 11. Anyway, the settings that work for me are:

Logic Settings / Midi / Reset Messages:
All checkboxes off except
Control 123 (All notes off)
Control 1 (Modulation) to zero
Pitch Bend to Center Position
Send unused instrument settings on reset.
Patthedog123

Postby dj_shatterglass » Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:46 pm

Patthedog123 wrote:I took some Sunday afternoon time to troubleshoot this. It occurred to me that as well as being an audio interface, the AXE I/O One is a MIDI interface. So I went through each of the Reset Message sent to external MIDI ports, and lo and behold, turning them all off solved the problem. Then I went back through each them to see which were okay to turn back on. It turns out that selecting any more than three of the controller reset messages causes the interface to disconnect.

My guess is that there's something in the AXE I/O firmware which causes it to crash/reset when it receives the reset messages from Logic Pro 11. Anyway, the settings that work for me are:

Logic Settings / Midi / Reset Messages:
All checkboxes off except
Control 123 (All notes off)
Control 1 (Modulation) to zero
Pitch Bend to Center Position
Send unused instrument settings on reset.

Thanks for the tips … I’ll give it a try and report back.
dj_shatterglass

Return to Interfaces & Controllers