Axe I/O One Windows setup

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O One Windows setup

Postby Spiattalo » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:30 am

Hi all,

I just got myself an Axe I/O One and I have been using it just fine with GarageBand on Mac, however I am trying to transition to Windows and Reaper, and am having trouble with setting it up.

On GarageBand, I usually set up the Axe as input and speakers/headphones as output. It works flawlessly with no latency.

On Reaper, I found success only with the WASAPI and the ASIO options; however the former still have minimal latency (1ms) that is annoying, and the latter requires dedicated outputs. Everything else gives me over 180ms of latency.

As far as WASAPI is concerned, I have set it up with 16Bit/48000Khz as per my speakers' spec (low budget Logitech), with 1 input channel and 2 input channels. The thing is, it feels like I have a delay effect on when I play guitar and the latency is especially evident when I play somewhat fast.

When it comes to ASIO, the only option I have to test the output at the moment is to use a 6.3mm adapter and use my 3.5mm headphones; when I tried this however, the sound is terribly distorted - I believe this might be caused by the adapter, even though it is brand new.

I am thinking I should get myself a pair of speakers to connect directly to the Axe and use ASIO - while connecting it to the PC for normal use, but before I fork out the money I was wondering if there is anything else I should try first?

It goes without saying that Windows is up-to-date and that I have installed the Axe control app.
Spiattalo

Return to Interfaces & Controllers