Irig HD X doesn't work with NAM

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig HD X doesn't work with NAM

Postby RobotShlomo01 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Okay, I'm relatively new to interfaces but I bought the HD X because it was small and relatively unobtrusive, and I was really looking forward to using it with NAM (_ Amp Modeler). I've been trying to weeks and so far, no soap. I can't even get any SOUND out of NAM with the HD X. The one time I did it was SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Feedback! Feedback! FEEDBACK!! I've tried with Mixcraft. I've tried with Element. NOTHING! ToneX works, but Amplitube was switched to the wrong setting and that now feeds back on itself, so that's unusable.

Am I missing a setting here? Is there a "jailbreak"? Or does this thing only work with proprietary software? Because I paid good money for this thing and I'm starting to regret my purchase.
RobotShlomo01

Re: Irig HD X doesn't work with NAM

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:43 pm

iRig HD X is a class-compliant audio interface so it functions with any software that supports a proper USB audio interface. If you are using iRig HD X on Windows, you need to install the official ASIO driver, though, which is not unexpected with any interface not just IK's.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RobotShlomo01 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:53 pm

Peter_IK wrote:iRig HD X is a class-compliant audio interface so it functions with any software that supports a proper USB audio interface. If you are using iRig HD X on Windows, you need to install the official ASIO driver, though, which is not unexpected with any interface not just IK's.

I have ASIO installed on Windows. I even have ASIO4ALL installed. No soap. I've been told NAM works with Forcusrite Scarlett and Audient. But I can't get it to work with this thing. Something isn't right here.
RobotShlomo01

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:43 pm

iRig HD X is just another interface just like those others. We have specific drivers for it, which I stated above that you need to install.

Also, please don't bump your thread immediately after your previous reply, this is not a tech support forum it is a user-to-user forum and for general announcements. It sounds like you need technical support and the IK Support team would be happy to help you via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers