Unable to switch input in amplitube from microphone

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Unable to switch input in amplitube from microphone

Postby justjosh3579 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:55 am

Hello all, I just bought the iRig USB. I am using a PC with a USB-C to USB-A. I am getting no sound at all when I plug in my guitar to Irig through my PC. I do have my amp attached in the amp port in iRig, and when i slide the slider to thru on the device, I am getting sound to my amp. There is no option in my computers sound setting that allows me to choose anything other than the mic. I have tried ASIO as well as windows audio, and I only get feedback from my PC speakers. I am unable to use it at this time, and I have tried all options to discover the iRig device. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried to install ASIO4ALL, now i can see in the output device option "iRig device"here iunable to attach a screen shot. also with this setup I do not have any input any longer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uzPuWUhWF38Qou9EJBEQK0bwoddd-DCT/view?usp=sharing
Please help!
justjosh3579

Re: Unable to switch input in amplitube from microphone

Postby celemtine » Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 am

justjosh3579 wrote:Hello all, I just bought the iRig USB. I am using a PC with a USB-C to USB-A. I am getting no sound at all when I plug in my guitar to Irig through my PC. I do have my amp attached in the amp port in iRig, and when i slide the slider to thru on the device, I am getting sound to my amp. There is no option in my computers sound setting that allows me to choose anything other than the mic. I have tried ASIO as well as windows audio, and I only get feedback from my PC speakers. I am unable to use it at this time, and I have tried all options to discover the iRig device. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried to install ASIO4ALL, now i can see in the output device option "iRig device"here iunable to attach a screen shot. also with this setup I do not have any input any longer

Please help!

First make sure that the iRig USB is properly connected to the computer's USB port and that all connections are secure.
You need to have the correct drivers installed for the iRig device. Sometimes the driver can be the source of such problems. 3.
Finally check your iRig device for firmware updates. Updating the firmware can potentially resolve compatibility issues.
celemtine

Postby justjosh3579 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:48 am

All correct drivers are installed from the iRig USB page in the product manager. I also installed ASIO4ALL per suggestion from the user manual for windows. This is occurring on two different PC's both up to date on all updates. As my laptop is not seeing the iRig hardware, how can I check to upgrade its firmware?
justjosh3579

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 20, 2024 5:27 pm

The iRig USB User Manual available at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... ?p=manuals does not mention ASIO4ALL. You should always use the proper ASIO driver from the manufacturer when available, which is mentioned and linked to on the Specs page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs which it seems you have. I would recommend reaching out to IK Support if you have this specific driver installed though you might want to reinstall it to make sure it is there properly and then restart your computer first.

I didn't look at the AmpliTube 5 User Manual but if it mentions ASIO4ALL that would be for third party interfaces that don't supply the user with ASIO drivers made for their interface. But iRig USB has one.

For firmware updates, please see your IK Product Manager Hardware section for your iRig USB (driver/firmware tab where you can get the iRig ASIO drivers) if there is one available you'll see it there and/or in your IK User Area under Firmware Updates. I don't believe there are any necessary at this time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers