HELP! New to Amplitube5/Focusrite Scarlett Solo

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

HELP! New to Amplitube5/Focusrite Scarlett Solo

Postby Baccardi88 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:55 am

Someone for the love of God please help me I am so lost with this stuff.

I thought I could just plug and play but I was wrong. I'm new to the whole DAW/amp sim stuff. I have a brand new MacBook Pro, Focusrite Scarlett Solo and Amplitube5. I plugged the Scarlett into my MacBook via USB C, plugged my guitar in and my headphones to the Scarlett.

I get sound from the Scarlett but it's just a clean guitar sound and nothing else. Sounds perfectly fine.No feedback or anything. I started up Amplitube5 and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get any of these amps to work. I get no sound from it. I tried changing the input/output config from channel 1 to channel 2 but that didn't work.

And on top of this all the backing tracks I play to from Youtube when I play them with the Scarlett plugged in they are in super super slow motion. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help from anyone. Even if you tell me I'm an idiot because I totally am with this stuff!

Thank you!
Baccardi88

Re: HELP! New to Amplitube5/Focusrite Scarlett Solo

Postby kptools » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:48 pm

Download the scarlet mix control and you can control the input and outputs. Also, make sure it is selecting the app.
kptools

Re: HELP! New to Amplitube5/Focusrite Scarlett Solo

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:22 pm

Hello Baccardi88 and welcome to the forum.

As user @kptools says, make sure you install the Focusrite drivers and Focusrite Control, but probably what you are hearing is just the direct guitar signal in the Solo.

As you've probably noticed, the Solo has the guitar input as channel 2 so make sure that is selected as the Left Channel on the input line in AT5 Settings, output should be Left (Output 1) and Right (Output 2) and deselect the Direct Monitor button on the Solo.

And what you may have missed is giving the OS instruction to allow AT5 to access your I/O device. Under the Apple logo in the top bar, go to System Preferences>Security and Privacy>Privacy. Click on Microphone in the left pane and then in the right pane make sure AmpliTube 5 is given access.

You should now be able to see your guitar input light up in the AT5 UI and hear the processed sound in your headphones.

Baccardi88 wrote:Even if you tell me I'm an idiot because I totally am with this stuff!

You're not an idiot, it's just that "Plug and Play" is not necessarily true all the time.

Let us know if this helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Interfaces & Controllers