Axe IO footswitch

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe IO footswitch

Postby blackemm » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:37 am

I can assign a CC# to a standard footswitch. Used 22 and 23 and was able to very poorly mimic the preset button - so it can send a midi signal from a regular stereo footswitch action.

My hope is that I can turn a stomp box on/off via the footswitch. I know if I assign a # it will mimic that #. Can it "learn" the on/off of a pedal?

I think some eproms have an on/off 0/127 stomp box mode. (Or something like that) Can I do this with a standard footswitch? (I've considered using a seperate midi device to learn it, and then finding the CC)

I'd prefer not to buy an fcb1010(or similar) to step on 1 pedal. Is it possible? Midi lesson welcome.

A5 impressions:
*** I'm fortunate to have some of the amps modeled. A5 is brighter than A4, but A4 was very lacking in the high end response of a strat. A5 is a little overboard on that, but the Ztone of an axe io is very useful in dialing something back that wasn't available in A4, if you are a single coil player. Its sounding more like my Marshall's. (Woot) Just bought another axe io. Buy one. Some high impedance DAWs will "thin up" your tone. (My axe io just destroyed a quantum and RME- excessive hifi treble)

Amps I have: Jtm45 blues breaker, Plexi, 1978 JMP 2204 spec with plexi voltages, Jcm 800 2205(Rage against the Machine, Pixies Santiago- my go to, even though thats vintage amp snob heresy) Tweed Champ, tweed Deluxe, BF Fender twin, etc.... Does A5 sound as good in the room? I dunno, because I've never heard a studio monitor THAT freaking loud. Its acceptable at catching the Mic, though. A5 is good on the Mic. A little different from the room. There's some swirl and dimension when playing the real amp in the room. I'd have zero problem bringing the real amp for stage Feel, and sending a5 to the front of the house, if necessary. I'm fine tracking with A5. I can save my ears and reamp when necessary.(axe io)
blackemm

Return to Interfaces & Controllers