AXE IO and Yamaha Powered (Home Stereo) SUB?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO and Yamaha Powered (Home Stereo) SUB?

Postby mwilliams0156 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:21 am

Greetings - my first post here I believe.

I’ve owned an Axe IO for quite some time but have never touched it. I’m finally getting off my duff and am going to do some recording. My setup is this currently:

Axe IO -> Presonus Eris Speakers (left/right) via balanced rear panel connections.

I would like to add a sub - and I have a high power Yamaha sub that I used with a home stereo for quite some time. Has more power than the matching Eris sub does - so I figured before I bought a matching sub I would try it first.

Of course with it being a home stereo sub, all it has is an “input” and a 3.5mm jack input at that..

Is there any reason that I cannot connect the sub either by using one of the non balanced “outs” on the rear of the Axe IO, or perhaps by using the headphone out?

I cannot see why I would be risking any hardware damage by doing this - but I thought I would ask before I did and see what possible drawbacks I might be looking at. The one problem that I can see right off the bat if it DOES work, is that the sub does not have any room control switch on it - so that could put it out of whack right off the bat.

Thanks for your comments. I look forward to checking out the interface soon!
mwilliams0156

Return to Interfaces & Controllers