Troubleshooting intermittent Axe I/O Solo drop outs

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Troubleshooting intermittent Axe I/O Solo drop outs

Postby dougs.ik » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:01 am

I haven't started troubleshooting the issue yet because I've been able to record many tracks without issue but once in a while my Axe I/O just drops signal for a second. It reminds me of when a graphic card crashes and restarts in the blink of eye. The computer is a Dell Optiplex 790 with 16 GB and 1TB Samsung Evo 860. I've followed all the power management tweaks recommended (turning off USB power management etc).

I'm plugged in the front port because I will need a slightly longer cable to get around to the back. Hopefully moving around to a back USB port and replacing the cable will fix it but I'm posting just in case there is something else that might be going on that I should know.
dougs.ik

Re: Troubleshooting intermittent Axe I/O Solo drop outs

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:03 pm

I would make sure your USB ports have power management turned off. You can find this and other great audio PC optimization tips at https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... indows-10/

If those don't help, please let IK Support know and I'm sure they can help figure it out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers