T-racks & Amplitube Max V2 crash

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

T-racks & Amplitube Max V2 crash

Postby massimo.campobello » Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:56 am

Hi, I recently bought T-racks 6 and immediately had crash problems (cubase 13)
Immediately afterwards Ik made an update which I downloaded and installed. Yesterday another crash with, this time, standard clipper. This morning another crash with amplitube max V2 connected with Tonex (already previously updated). Also this morning I discover that there is another amplitube update. The problem is, beyond the episodes, that Ik must make its (beautiful) products more stable and more compatible.

Massimo
massimo.campobello

Re: T-racks & Amplitube Max V2 crash

Postby kwunyeung » Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:34 pm

I have the same issue. My latest working version is 5.7.5. Versions after that all crash and I still don't see any fix yet.
kwunyeung

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:08 am

kwunyeung wrote:I have the same issue. My latest working version is 5.7.5. Versions after that all crash and I still don't see any fix yet.

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? That will help you see a fix. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kwunyeung » Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:14 pm

I have reported and waiting for a reply.
kwunyeung

Postby kwunyeung » Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:15 pm

Tried v5.10.1 today but still crashes.
kwunyeung

Postby kwunyeung » Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:26 pm

I've got a reply from the IK support. They asked me to delete all application related files and reinstall again. Actually I have tried that by running the uninstall script in the disk image already but it kept crashing.

I then looked for the error log. It shows that the AT5 crashes after loading all presets and tones. I removed the entire AT5 folder in the Document folder. Then this time it didn't crash. I suspect it's because of the presets. I restore all bundled and purchased presets and collections, then copied my custom presets one by one. Turns out it was from a few of the old AT4 presets. I expect all AT4 presets are compatible with AT5. At least they don't have any issue with v5.7.5. The problem here is I don't know which gear in the preset chain has problem as I can't load those problematic presets now. The AT5 v5.10 just crashes when they exist. It will be so time consuming to verify one by one between v5.7.5 and v5.10 now.

I have reported this back to the IK support. I hope they will dig out the issue and apply a fix. Crashes immediately after loading presets with problem is not an acceptable error handling to me.
kwunyeung

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling