Question about Amplitube 5 MAX v2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Question about Amplitube 5 MAX v2

Postby MusicalRambo » Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:59 pm

Hello!

I tried Amplitube 5 CS, the free demo version. It works great and i love it. Really considering buying Amplitube 5 MAX v2.

However i'm still al little bit confused i hope someone can answer my questions regarding this.

- In Amplitube 5 CS i assume i 'see' (but locked or with hissing noise) everything that is available in Amplitube 5 MAX v2? is this correct or not? Such as amps, pedals etc. I have checked the site and comparison list but i cannot find for example the preset 'Cliffs of Eric' anywhere. (Can't find list of presets in any case) This preset however is located under the Amplitube 5 MAX "folder" in Amplitube 5 CS in so i assume it is included in the Amplitube 5 MAX v2 version aswell as all the other presets listed there?

I have found the standard comparison list and it seems good to me, especially the Joe Satriani ones are included in Amplitube 5 MAX v2 according to the official site.

Next i'm kinda confused about what Amplitube 5 MAX v2 exactly is.

- Do i need a previous version of Amplitube to make this work, in other words is this standalone or is it an uprade? Conflicting information on the Internet is what i find.

- I need something that will work standalone aswell as something to be used in Ableton, (as a DAW-plugin).

So if anyone could explain this to me your help really is greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance!! Keep on rocking i'd say!
MusicalRambo

Re: Question about Amplitube 5 MAX v2

Postby Boogieshoes » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:31 pm

The demo package that you have does as you suggest list all the amps, cabs etc that are available in the MAX package. You can try some of non free components with added ‘white noise bursts’, though frankly I found that hopeless to get much of a feel of them as the bursts were overly intrusive for proper evaluation.

The second part I think you were looking for are the ‘presets’ or ‘pre configured amp, cab, room and fx combinations’. There are loads of them that are installed when you install the Max package, I don’t know of a listing but it cover the signature artists and more. Frankly you can waste hours wading through those if you really want. I binned the lot as they were a distraction and felt it was better to work your way through setting up sounds that you want and like, the choice is yours.

You find assuming you have access to the real amps that getting setting right is not as simple as the manual sets out when it comes to interface input settings. There are numerous posts about this and as an owner of a number of the real amps I can attest to the issue arising. That is Not to say that you can’t get good sounds just that it’s not a set interface and forget across all the amp sims.

I have Max V1 there were a few amps (Mesa) and a couple of pedals added in V2 from what I detected. I don’t use the Tonex side of things so can’t comment on that.
Boogieshoes

Re: Question about Amplitube 5 MAX v2

Postby MusicalRambo » Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:31 pm

Hey, thank you very much for taking the time to provide me some feedback it will help me greatly in deciding! I hear you, i have no intention of committing hours of time to get the 'right sound', im actually not that interested in virtual mic placement and that stuff. I'm more of a; 'give me a nice preset and i'll tweak something if needed' kinda guy. I just need something that's sounds good, the rest is my hands. Just need a good sounding guitar for over backing tracks and writing.
MusicalRambo

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling