Tonex pedal midi out - will it come?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex pedal midi out - will it come?

Postby bearwolfz » Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:03 pm

The main image of the pedal says on the midi out port:

MIDI Out
Connect to external MIDI devices. Through this port
TONEX Pedal can send out control changes anytime
a switch is pressed or a knob is turned.

I'd love to send control change directly from the tonex to activate patches on my strymons for example. Is this another forgotten feature that might or might not arrive via firmware?

All i can find is how to control the tonex.
Anyway it's still great, but wow it would rock to not need another pedal just to swap on more than one pedal :D
bearwolfz

Re: Tonex pedal midi out - will it come?

Postby bearwolfz » Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:23 pm

This is the image i'm talking about, just to be clear :D
bearwolfz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:57 pm

TONEX Pedal has sent MIDI out from the day it was released. In the manual, check the Global Settings section on how you can set it up:
MIDITHRU – MIDI through setup: sets the preferred MIDI functionality for the MIDI through.

∙ OFF: no MIDI signals are sent to TONEX’s MIDI outputs.
∙ THRU: MIDI signals arriving to the TONEX’s MIDI inputs are sent to TONEX’s MIDI outputs (both USB and MIDI connector).
∙ MERGE: MIDI arriving to the TONEX MIDI inputs, and the MIDI signals generated by TONEX itself are merged and sent to the TONEX’s MIDI outputs (both USB and MIDI connector).

Merge looks like the setting you would need to use.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bearwolfz » Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:45 pm

Wow it worked immediately! Thanks a lot Peter!!

Peter_IK wrote:TONEX Pedal has sent MIDI out from the day it was released. In the manual, check the Global Settings section on how you can set it up:
MIDITHRU – MIDI through setup: sets the preferred MIDI functionality for the MIDI through.

∙ OFF: no MIDI signals are sent to TONEX’s MIDI outputs.
∙ THRU: MIDI signals arriving to the TONEX’s MIDI inputs are sent to TONEX’s MIDI outputs (both USB and MIDI connector).
∙ MERGE: MIDI arriving to the TONEX MIDI inputs, and the MIDI signals generated by TONEX itself are merged and sent to the TONEX’s MIDI outputs (both USB and MIDI connector).

Merge looks like the setting you would need to use.
bearwolfz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:52 pm

No problem! It took me a little bit to remember the setting myself, honestly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bearwolfz » Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:26 pm

Made a quick video, just in case someone reading this is still wondering what i meant with this and how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW39JJSFwg0
Thanks again for the quick reply!
bearwolfz

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling