Tonex will not utilize Nvidia GPU

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex will not utilize Nvidia GPU

Postby Ray.Tonex » Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:25 am

Hello,

I have been trying to make my own captures and initially I noticed my CPU was being pushed and it took about 45 min for a default capture. After doing some research I discovered tonex capture was meant to work with a nvidia GPU for optimized performance. Well I bought my laptop with an RTX 3050 installed already but it doesn't use it when training. I set nvidia as the default gpu for tonex in nvidia controller, downloaded the cuda toolkit, latest driver, and I do see that the GPU is active when I open up a game or use and external monitor. I've even specified the GPU for the specific training process (txmme or something like that) and nothing. I got it to work only once and I thought I was set. Then I went back today to try another capture but it went back to using my CPU. I'm not sure what I did to get it working. Anyone have any suggestions?
Ray.Tonex

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling