Turning off cab in Tonex

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Turning off cab in Tonex

Postby CreepyMo » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:03 am

So as much as I love the included Tonex stuff I'm much more of a fan of DI captures. This got me to wondering: I assume that the included Tone Models with the associated cab were captured with the cab instead of DI so...what exactly happens behind the scenes when you shut off the Cab part? I've done it many times but I'm not familiar enough with gear to know if something is breaking or not. I mean...if the capture was done with the cab how can you even turn it off in the first place? If you can actually shut off the cab part that would be great but capturing the amp+ cab makes me suspicious and curious as to what's really going on.
Sorry if this is basic I just really like Tonex and want to make sure I know as much about it as possible before I start doing silly things.
Thanks!
-Mo
CreepyMo

Re: Turning off cab in Tonex

Postby joanesinu » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:35 am

When you bypass a cab section in a Amp+cab Tone Capture, the Tonex just applyes an algorythm and removes what it thinks is the cab. Plain and simple.

I always go for just Amp Tone Captures, then add a good IR and you are ready to go.
joanesinu

Re: Turning off cab in Tonex

Postby CreepyMo » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:11 pm

OK cool thank you that's good to know. And i'm with you 100% on the DI's only. My IR collection is extensive I love using it heh.
CreepyMo

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling