Amplitube 5 Max V2 vs V1

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Max V2 vs V1

Postby MalBurn22 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:54 am

Hello all,

Could someone clarify what IK mean.

"AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 has been completely redesigned, and now features *all 18 brand/artist collections for more amps, cabs and effects"*

How does the design of V2 differ from V1? Is it a significant change in terms of performance, ease of use and new features?

*I understand the addition of 18 brand/artist collections and the extra Mesa Boogie amps, but I wonder if this is essentially the only practical difference?
MalBurn22

Re: Amplitube 5 Max V2 vs V1

Postby rap429 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:09 pm

I have the same question. I hate that they always cause confusion with updates. [mod redacted - unnecessary and please review the rules] Just be transparent with me. I have just about everything you make but I really do not see the benefit of this for $99.

Can someone please clarify?
rap429

Postby MalBurn22 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:54 pm

I don't fully understand, what is in the upgrade I'm being offered.

It's difficult to make an informed choice, when one is presented with advertising speel, saying something is "completely redesigned" but with no clear concise detail of what exactly the 'design' changes are over the older version.

There is a page 'devoted' to V2 on IK website, but it's so very vague, as to the features of which version of A5 is being presented. The only conclusive information is about the additional amps and cabs.

I've resisted going for the upgrade to V2, fearing that all I'll get for the money, is some new Mesa Boogie amps, (that have my slight interest) and a few new cabs.

I was hoping someone who has made the upgrade to A5 version 2 could clarify what the benefits might be? Surely there's more to it?
MalBurn22

Postby Matthias Mueller » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:24 pm

Matthias Mueller

Postby MalBurn22 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:39 pm

Matthias Mueller wrote:Hi i think they found the answer to your question here:
https://thegearforum.com/threads/a-mild-grumble-warning-about-ik-multimedia-amplitube-5-max.1772/

Thank you!

As well as being informative, those threads are quite funny :D

Ok then it seems V2 is just the Boogie amps and a few good, but not essential effects.
I've already upgraded my A5 Max to Total Studio, just seems a little annoying these products are another 99 euro. I'll think about it when I get back from the bookies ;)
MalBurn22

Postby Matthias Mueller » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Glad i could help. :)

If the morley collection (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/morley/) is now includet in MAX V.2 or not.... idk.... :lol: :roll:
Matthias Mueller

Postby MalBurn22 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:10 pm

:D :D :D
MalBurn22

Postby MalBurn22 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:20 am

rap429 wrote:The fact that you redacted part of my post and what I was able to read on other forums there is no need for me to upgrade unless I want mesa boogie new stuff for $99

It does appear to be just some Boogie amps and some extra effects.
I agree, for the cost I'll pass too, especially as with owning the Tonex pedal, one can find almost any amp anyway.

On a more positive note, what you get bundled with the Tonex pedal and some of the upgrade offers thereafter are astonishingly good. I just wish they would be a little clearer with explanations of what is being offered, but overall I'm very happy with IK hardware and software.
MalBurn22

Postby darkogav » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:57 am

It is shown here.

"AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 now includes the popular AmpliTube MESA/Boogie 2 collection plus all 4 virtual X-GEAR pedals for a total of 435 gear models to dig into."

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=9 ... be5Max2023

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... /#whatsnew

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

Includes the new Mesa amps. Does not include the new Morley effects. Basically, v2 includes all the collections and extras except the new Morley effect.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:18 pm

darkogav wrote:It is shown here.

"AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 now includes the popular AmpliTube MESA/Boogie 2 collection plus all 4 virtual X-GEAR pedals for a total of 435 gear models to dig into."

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=9 ... be5Max2023

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... /#whatsnew

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

Includes the new Mesa amps. Does not include the new Morley effects. Basically, v2 includes all the collections and extras except the new Morley effect.

This. We do provide succinct information like this on our web site, that line explains exactly what's new. Basically Literally you're getting $300 worth of gear for $100 currently.

The Morley collection was released after AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 was released so it wouldn't be included long term but note it was included for a short period of time when it was released but that offer's window has passed (but you do again still get $300 in gear for $100 with this promo).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:03 am

I really wish IKMultiMedia would up there licensing game. I bought the version 1 AMP5 and bought the Mesa Boogie separate and the Morley collection separate. Every time you touch AMP5 or Tonex it makes you re-install the whole thing @ 2 GB compressed , it's brutal and it's apparently a complete reinstall for the CRC to be updated for the license.

The licensing is confusing and someone has to tell you what it means because trying to decipher what is included / upgraded / authorized / etc just by reading the advert is never clear. They have really great and unique products , love the two add-on collections as well , I don't know why they don't clean up the licensing so it's simple and industry standard. The effects are very well done and more than deserve fair compensation for them but just tell us clearly what is and isn't in the "box" . That's all I have to say about that lol.
Sharmon123@

Postby darkogav » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:16 pm

Sharmon123@ wrote:I really wish IKMultiMedia would up there licensing game. I bought the version 1 AMP5 and bought the Mesa Boogie separate and the Morley collection separate. Every time you touch AMP5 or Tonex it makes you re-install the whole thing @ 2 GB compressed , it's brutal and it's apparently a complete reinstall for the CRC to be updated for the license.

The licensing is confusing and someone has to tell you what it means because trying to decipher what is included / upgraded / authorized / etc just by reading the advert is never clear. They have really great and unique products , love the two add-on collections as well , I don't know why they don't clean up the licensing so it's simple and industry standard. The effects are very well done and more than deserve fair compensation for them but just tell us clearly what is and isn't in the "box" . That's all I have to say about that lol.

there is a page which will show you upgrade paths. It used to show you which products you are eligible for. But looks like now its for everything.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/upgradeforall/
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:56 pm

And we do provide exactly what is included in each version on the AmpliTube 5 web pages (including a PDF with each and every piece of gear and which version includes it).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nastynate13 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:40 am

Hi,

I'm new to the IK Multimedia ecosystem fresh off a ToneX pedal purchase. I was excited to get up and running a few days ago.

After installing Amplitube 5 it became clear that the software relies heavily on add-on purchases. I immediately rushed to buy the Fender Collection bc of course I gotta have those amps. Wasn't even frustrated. Thought "Hey that's fair they probably need to give Fender a licensing cut, etc.."

Then I came across something called Max V2 and immediately realized I made a HUGE mistake..
Max V2: a bundle that includes the Fender Collection and MUCH MORE FOR THE SAME PRICE of the Fender collection: $99 (albeit a promotional price).

Well "I messed up" I thought, but surely I can reach out to IK Multimedia and explain my case and get it resolved. I went ahead and purchased the Max V2 bundle expecting as much. Surely they'll understand that I - a mere human - unknowingly and mistakenly payed for the Fender collection not realizing it was currently included in a much better valued bundle for the same price.

I regret to report that customer support has been - let's say - exceedingly unhelpful. Support does not want to give me a way to apply my essentially wasted $99 to another one of their fine products NOT included in the V2 Bundle.

They've even gone on to say this about my Fender bundle purchase (note I'm not asking for a refund) :

"This purchase cannot be refunded due to you receiving AmpliTube 5 MAX upgrade pricing as a result of this purchase."

This is from what I can gather patently false. The MAX V2 upgrade pricing is not dependent on a purchase of the Fender Collection. That makes no sense.

And this: "Unfortunately by issuing any refund on this purchase, AmpliTube 5 will no longer be valid"

Which also makes no sense. Why would refunding the Fender Collection invalidate the Amplitube 5 license included in my purchase of the ToneX pedal?

Now I'm questioning whether support has even read or understood my emails.

Is this something the community feels is a fair treatment of a new customer learning the ecosystem who made an honest mistake? Please let me know your thoughts.

Has anyone had a similarly frustrating experience with support? There is no phone support available. This is dissappointing given that there is a phone number that takes 3 minutes to tell you (in essence) that no, in fact you will not speak to a representative because there are none.

If there is someone at IK that sees this that wants to explain the reasoning for failing to provide fair and decent customer support and servicing false information to an overly enthusiastic new customer please respond. I'm still hoping I can get through to someone about this.

Thanks.

P.S.
I'm also new to the forum and have only had time to skim the myriad provisions so apologies if this post is not appropriate or relevant here
nastynate13

Postby darkogav » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:31 pm

Hi, sorry for your frustration.

FWIW.. I have never had any music software company refund me a purchase after the fact because I discovered a better deal or offer later on.

The general rule with IK is the best deal it to get total studio, if you think you want all the products. Otherwise, wait for group buys and get items on sale, the downside being, you can't resell group buy items you get for free.

Good luck.
darkogav

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling