Latency issues with my AmpliTube 5 + IK Multimedia Axe I/O

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Latency issues with my AmpliTube 5 + IK Multimedia Axe I/O

Postby gabriel.alvarez11 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:26 pm

Hello, I have been having issues with latency when I use my IK Multimedia Axe I/O along with AmpliTube 5. I tried changing the buffer size on AmpliTube 5, changed it to the minimum and I still get some very noticeable latency. My setup is basically, my guitar plugged into the interface and I'm using my laptop speakers as output. These are my laptop's specs:

- Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
- Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
- OS Windows 11 Home

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
gabriel.alvarez11

Re: Latency issues with my AmpliTube 5 + IK Multimedia Axe I

Postby mike.cowell » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:14 pm

Got the same problem. Using guitar into AXE I/O ONE into MacBook Pro, Logic Pro X with Amplitube 5. Buffer size is 32 samples, audio settings = Low Latency Mode is On.

When I play guitar into the interface & Logic Pro with Input Moitoring, there is a significant delay between the plucked note and the audio output. It’s not like Slapback Echo, it is a longer delay. Can’t see any way of reducing the delay, but it is basically unusable.
mike.cowell

Postby picker99 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:25 am

I have the same problem. Using Windows 11 Pro on an i7 with 32gb RAM and SSD. Have recently bought an Axe I/O One. Amplitube 5 Max basically unusable. Get a long slap back type delay using the Axe I/O One and have also tested (and get the same result) with Steinberg UR44. Have set the buffer to the lowest setting available in my version (256). Bigger buffers make the problem even worse. I haven't had latency issues with my PC on any other software to date. Pretty disappointing as I was keen on upgrading to the full Max V2 with all the amp model packs etc. I'm not sure if there would be any value lodging a support ticket as the only recommendations seem to centre on reducing buffer size. Hard to fathom really as my setup is pretty conventional and with reasonably high spec. It is unusable for me also.
picker99

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:34 pm

That's not normal behavior, I'm sure IK Support will be able to assist more than suggesting lower buffer size (which the interface is clearly capable of, though, from first-hand experience).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gabriel.alvarez11 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:31 am

I was able to fix it inside the AUDIO /MIDI section in Amplitube 5. I basically changed the "Technology" option from "Windows Audio" to "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)" and that solved the latency issue for me.
gabriel.alvarez11

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:08 pm

gabriel.alvarez11 wrote:I was able to fix it inside the AUDIO /MIDI section in Amplitube 5. I basically changed the "Technology" option from "Windows Audio" to "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)" and that solved the latency issue for me.

AXE I/O has its own ASIO drivers so for even better performance you should use those and choose ASIO instead of either Windows Audio option.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Spokewrench42 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:03 pm

Has there been any progress on this front? My Dell Precsion 7530 Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8750H w/ 32GB and 2TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME SSD Win 11 PRO 22H2 has this same issue with Amplitube 5 Max v2 v5.7.1 and TONEX Max. This delay has made the setup pretty much unusable. Things were fine before the recent v1.06 Axe I/O drivers and control software. Too bad I don't have a older copy of the Axe I/O drivers to see if this has occurred and as a result of a Win 11 update.
Spokewrench42

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:08 pm

This doesn't seem to be a global issue from what I'm seeing, latency could be caused by many things. Whether it is or not, you'd need to report it to IK Support who can assist you in getting the issue you are having resolved. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby adriandix@rocketmail.com » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:37 am

No one has said the figures of latency in or out.
I'm thinking of buying an Axe I/O to use with Amplitube and Cubase 12 .
Does anyone know what the latency would be ?
For example My Native Instruments KA 5 has an input latency of 6 and an output latency of 8
reading from within Cubase.
adriandix@rocketmail.com

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling