Solved: ToneX pedal bricked

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Solved: ToneX pedal bricked

Postby sliberty57 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:58 pm

I updated the application on my M1 Mac Mini, and then it said I needed to do a firmware update as well. But the firmware update froze - and I eventually had to unplug my pedal from power. When I turned it back on, there is no display. Totally blank. I am dead in the water.

I tried calling IKM, but they are not taking tech support calls. I opened a ticket, but that will certainly take some time.

Anyone know of a way to resurrect the pedal?
Last edited by sliberty57 on Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sliberty57

Re: ToneX pedal bricked

Postby sliberty57 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:36 pm

It turns out that there is a recovery feature in the application. I followed the procedure, and the pedal came back to life. And it appears that the firmware update was successful. Perhaps it was the cleanup step after the update that failed - we'll see. I do have an open ticket with IKM, and will ask them about why this happened and whether I need to be concerned.

If you need to look for the recovery feature, it is under the drop down list at the top left of the screen when on the Librarian page.
sliberty57

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling