the DI bypass sound thingy that you can't kill

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

the DI bypass sound thingy that you can't kill

Postby SenecaReader2 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:05 pm

there's a clean sound always present in AT 5 that you can't get rid of, or more accurately, most of us don't know how to.

After I dealt with that in another thread in regard to AT 4, Peter replied saying that he had no idea what this was (and I don't blame him for that, because it's a WEIRD problem).

So even though I don't use AT 5 (nothing wrong with AT5, but I prefer the tone in the IOS version; just a preference) I got curious and started my AT 5...and guess what, the dang clean sound in the background is there too!

And no, it's not the direct monitoring, which I never use. On my interface there's actually an on off switch for that, so it's impossible to get it wrong.

I thought, this must be the same "problem" as for AT 4, so if I sort the one in AT5 I'll sort the one in AT4.

(Because AT 4 is the one I want to use. Some of the amps sound different in different versions, etc....again just preferences.)
SenecaReader2

Re: the DI bypass sound thingy that you can't kill

Postby SenecaReader2 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm

you know what, forget about all this, I am not sure about anything anymore. This thread can be even deleted
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:42 pm

I think I start to understand what happened. I don't think there's any problem with AT4, 5 , or anything, it's just that as I always use the one on IOS, which is very simple, I expected the desktop versions to work in certain ways. I explain in the other thread, but this one can be deleted, it's useless. And I owe an apology to Peter too, I'll do it in the other thread
SenecaReader2

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 31, 2023 10:06 pm

No problem, I'll lock this one. The important thing is that you've got things figured out but I haven't checked the other thread so I'll learn more there :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling