Amplitube 5 MAX offer;bought Amplitube 5 some days before!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 MAX offer;bought Amplitube 5 some days before!

Postby EmopunkITA77 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:23 pm

Hi people,

as you can read in the title, I bought Amplitube 5 when it was on offer, some weeks ago. So far I am liking the program very much and having a lot of fun using it. Some days ago I received the new offer for Amplitube MAX, which, at this point would have been a better deal. Sadly I see no upgrade price offer for those in my situation.

What would you suggest me to do?

Thanks
EmopunkITA77

Re: Amplitube 5 MAX offer;bought Amplitube 5 some days befor

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Sales / Order Support via the IKM web site, who can look at your User Account and they might be able to help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.

Moderators and Administrators here have no access to Users Accounts.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:04 am

I bought the Max offer but it is not as it seems. It clearly says upgrade/cross grade / new purchase on the ad for it but after you buy it, it shows as upgrade on the receipt and it installs with everything locked.

I have screen shots of everything and am currently waiting for support to fix this mess. This has been a horrible online shopping experience to be honest. First the Axe shipped with no serial number and now the deal that they are pushing installs a dead version with only the tuner unlocked. Custom Shop has them all showing btw.

Good luck , you will need it.
Sharmon123@

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:00 pm

Sharmon123@ wrote:I bought the Max offer but it is not as it seems. It clearly says upgrade/cross grade / new purchase on the ad for it but after you buy it, it shows as upgrade on the receipt and it installs with everything locked.

I have screen shots of everything and am currently waiting for support to fix this mess. This has been a horrible online shopping experience to be honest. First the Axe shipped with no serial number and now the deal that they are pushing installs a dead version with only the tuner unlocked. Custom Shop has them all showing btw.

Good luck , you will need it.

The upgrade/crossgrade is the same exact software, you qualify for the upgrade/crossgrade based on other products in your IK account. Sounds like a likely simple authorization issue which I'm sure IK Support can help you with.

We are not pushing something that "installs a dead version", though you have have to de-authorize and then re-authorize AmpliTube 5 in your IK Product Manager in order to see the additional gear. Also, there's far more than just the tuner even in the free version. Sounds like something is odd, again I'm sure IK Support can help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:09 pm

Support came back with the solution. The install doesn't show your owned gear from an upgrade and you need to click on the owned gear near the top right and everything will show again . This doesn't happen if it is a new install but only if you have a previous version installed even if you uninstall it first. Some registry entry(Windows) must be left over from the uninstall process.
Sharmon123@

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:18 pm

Dammit , I just saw the Triple Crown in the Mesa Boogie collection and now I will of course unlock that one. That I have to use lol.

Addendum :

Triple Crown unlocked and you folks reproduced it pretty spot on. It's my go to amp when I am in a Gojira mood :)
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling