Presets don't appear when I run GarageBand in Rosetta mode

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Presets don't appear when I run GarageBand in Rosetta mode

Postby SSickels1919 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:54 pm

I'm new to AmpliTube, but got everything set up just fine (on my M2 Mac). I can run AmpliTube stand-alone, or use if from within GarageBand.

Recently I got a Native Instruments "Komplete" MIDI keyboard, which comes with software for a bunch of cool virtual instruments. However... many of them haven't yet been ported to run on Apple silicon. The Native Instruments suggestion is to switch GarageBand (and their software) to run in Rosetta mode. That works fine, except... With GarageBand in Rosetta mode, I can't see any of my AmpliTube plug-ins. (They show up fine when I run AmpliTube standalone, but not when I access it from within GarageBand.) I tried running AmpliTube in Rosetta mode, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions for how I can access my AmpliTube plug-ins from within GarageBand when I'm running GarageBand in Rosetta mode? (I'd like to be able to use both AmpliTube and the Native Instruments virtual instruments from within GarageBand -- but currently for me it seems that it's one or the other: Rosetta mode for Native Instrument OR regular mode for AmpliTube). Thanks!
SSickels1919

Re: Presets don't appear when I run GarageBand in Rosetta mo

Postby stockpups » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:40 pm

Not sure about "Rosetta" mode, but I was having the same problem on my new macbook. The solution was to use an ALIAS folder. I tried a number of times and it didn't work/crashed, so instead of making a copy of just IK Multimedia or Amplitube, I copied the entire DOCUMENTS folder:

1) make an Alias of the Documents folder (Mac > Users > Name > Documents>
2) open the user LIBRARY (it's hidden, you need to click Option + GO menu)
3) move the folder here: (Mac > Users > Name > Library> Containers > Garageband
NOTE: Trash or backup the old Documents folder, and replace with new Documents Alias one (I also remove "alias" from the name so it's just "Documents".

That's it. Launch Garageband...all the presets should show up now, and all new ones you add should sync to this Alias folder.
stockpups

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling