TONEX Stomp Only Tone Models

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TONEX Stomp Only Tone Models

Postby Pjfrank1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:21 am

Probably a question that highlights my poor understanding of things, but when you load a stomp only tone model in TONEX what are you playing it through as you are not selecting any amp model? Surely the type of amp being used will effect what the stomp will sound like?
Pjfrank1

Re: TONEX Stomp Only Tone Models

Postby dgadwa » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:14 pm

I'm with you. Getting started with Tonex, I figured that stomp captures would be no good on their own. There's no amp or speaker associated with them... Why would they be?

So I tried loading a stomp model into a separate rig/tone model... I'm still not sure if it's even possible but it isn't exactly intuitive if it is.

So I load up a few models on their own... Lo and behold, it seems that using a stomp patch on its own sounds usable in many cases - like there is something going on to make it a usable patch without an amp or speaker.

I just spent time reading the manual. There's a bit about capturing a pedal but there's no real mention of exactly what it is and how it's properly used after. Bizarre.

If Stomp captures are meant to be used on their own... I'll bet that most people would like to know at least just a little something about whatever modeling or whatever that is used following the pedal capture.
dgadwa

Postby VinzBerlin789 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:41 am

Hello,
starting with Tonex, i don't really understand how i should understand and use these stomp only models.
Could somebody bring some light here?
Thanks a lot in advance.
VinzBerlin789

Postby VinzBerlin789 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:30 am

(This, just to add something to my last post, since i couldn't find a way to edit it)

My question was more about if these stomp only models can be used in the Tonex pedal and how, or if they are to be used in AmpliTube.

Thx.
VinzBerlin789

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling