Access violation occurred, unable to read location:

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Access violation occurred, unable to read location:

Postby Lpr3ston1980 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:48 am

Hello,
I can't make any changes to my presets in Amplitube 5 plugin, running Pro Tools on Windows 11.
As soon as I try to save a or change something in Control preset, I get a popup "Access violation occurred. unable to read location: 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF". The read location is not always the same, sometimes it's mostly all zeros.

This has been like this since I started using on Windows 10, and persists through all my Pro Tools updates (currently 2022.10).

I need to save midi assignments so that I don't have to remap my foot controller every time I switch presets. Everything seems to work fine, other than trying to save presets, which throughs this error, and crashes pro tools, every time.

I've not been able to find much on google regarding the errors. What I have found, I've tried all suggested solutions such as wipe pro tools prefs, reinstall, set as administrator, and run in compatibility mode.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Cheers!

Lpr3ston1980

Re: Access violation occurred, unable to read location:

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:50 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Access violation occurred, unable to read location:

Postby Lpr3ston1980 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:44 am

Okay, support ticket created, Cheers!
Lpr3ston1980

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling