Upgrading from AT4 Max to AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrading from AT4 Max to AT5

Postby jz20051 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:34 pm

Hello y'all! :)

I currently have AT4 Max with the Fender 2 and SVX 2 collections. If I wanted to update to the new AT5, which upgrade version would I need to purchase to keep all my stuff?

If I purchase the AT5 SE, would I still get the new pedals, amps, rack, rooms? Or would I need to upgrade to AT5? (I'm not interested in AT5 Max, since I don't care much for the Satch, Fulltone, Brian May, Dimebag collections).

Since I have AT4 Max, what's the difference between AT5 SE and AT5 for my situation? What do I gain from having AT5 that's not included in AT5 SE (again considering that I currently have AT4 Max with Fender 2 and SVX2)

Thank you for your help!

PS. sorry if I restated my same question multiple times, I just wanna make sure I get my question across properly.
jz20051

Re: Upgrading from AT4 Max to AT5

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:07 pm

You can find what is included in each version on the AmpliTube 5 page.

Your gear from AmpliTube 5 MAX will work in any version, but note that the free CS version has limited functionality.

AmpliTube 5 SE doesn't include any new gear. But as above, your existing gear will work in it.

AmplITube 5 MAX would be the way to get what you don't have including the new AmpliTube 5 gear plus any gear that has been released since AmpliTube 4 MAX. That's over $600 in gear collections, and you'd qualify for the lower-priced upgrade/crossgrade as well as use any JamPoints you have to take off an up to 30% additionally.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jz20051 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Peter! :)

If I upgraded to AT5 (standard edition, not the SE), then I'd get all the new 5 amps, 2 stomps, racks, and 2 rooms. On top of all of my existing gear from AT4 Max, right? I just wanna make sure I understood your reply correctly.

Also, I saw that the Legacy gear was reworked as well. Does that include amps and pedals, or just the amps? What exactly is considered Legacy gear? (is legacy gear considered "American Tube Clean", "British Copper 30TB", etc)

Last question, is the "Updated amp impedance" for all amps? I ask, because one thing I notice is that newer amps (like the Fender 2 collection) were much louder than the older amps (like Fender 1 collection). Has this been tweaked and fix with the "Updated amp impedance"

Again, thank you for all your help! :D

Peter_IK wrote:You can find what is included in each version on the AmpliTube 5 page.

Your gear from AmpliTube 5 MAX will work in any version, but note that the free CS version has limited functionality.

AmpliTube 5 SE doesn't include any new gear. But as above, your existing gear will work in it.

AmplITube 5 MAX would be the way to get what you don't have including the new AmpliTube 5 gear plus any gear that has been released since AmpliTube 4 MAX. That's over $600 in gear collections, and you'd qualify for the lower-priced upgrade/crossgrade as well as use any JamPoints you have to take off an up to 30% additionally.
jz20051

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:14 pm

jz20051 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply Peter! :)

You're welcome!

If I upgraded to AT5 (standard edition, not the SE), then I'd get all the new 5 amps, 2 stomps, racks, and 2 rooms. On top of all of my existing gear from AT4 Max, right? I just wanna make sure I understood your reply correctly.

Yes, indeed!

Also, I saw that the Legacy gear was reworked as well. Does that include amps and pedals, or just the amps? What exactly is considered Legacy gear? (is legacy gear considered "American Tube Clean", "British Copper 30TB", etc)

Legacy gear would be those generic amps brought over from earlier versions like you mention.

Last question, is the "Updated amp impedance" for all amps? I ask, because one thing I notice is that newer amps (like the Fender 2 collection) were much louder than the older amps (like Fender 1 collection). Has this been tweaked and fix with the "Updated amp impedance"

Yes all power amp sections take advantage of this. I know people like to focus on the cabinets (600+ IRs per speaker is admittedly impressive!) but this and the whole audio engine being rewritten also contribute to AmpliTube 5 improvements in a big way.

You're welcome!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jz20051 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:52 pm

Wow, so I downloaded AT5 CS to A/B it with AT4 and Wow!

Y'all really pushed the boundaries with the power amp selection. It feels closer to the real amp and I really love how it cleans up when I lightly pick the strings or roll off the volume.

I do have a question regarding the IR Loader, what's the resolution? 1028, 2048, or full resolution? Also, is the amp impedance also simulated with the IR loader or only with AT cabs?

Peter_IK wrote:
jz20051 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply Peter! :)

You're welcome!

Yes, indeed!

Legacy gear would be those generic amps brought over from earlier versions like you mention.

Yes all power amp sections take advantage of this. I know people like to focus on the cabinets (600+ IRs per speaker is admittedly impressive!) but this and the whole audio engine being rewritten also contribute to AmpliTube 5 improvements in a big way.

You're welcome!
jz20051

Postby deepsman » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:52 pm

I'm confused Peter. Surely 5 SE has some new gear, just not as much as 5.

AmpliTube 5 SE
Unlock the power of AmpliTube 5 with 77 models covering all the “must-have” gear.
deepsman

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:34 am

deepsman wrote:

I'm confused Peter. Surely 5 SE has some new gear, just not as much as 5.

AmpliTube 5 SE
Unlock the power of AmpliTube 5 with 77 models covering all the “must-have” gear.

It has the same gear as the free AmplITube 5 CS. Not the new AmpliTube 5 gear nor the MAX gear. The lists and charts on that page specify exactly what is in each version.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling