Amplitube 5 and Scarlett 2i2 only records dry signal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 and Scarlett 2i2 only records dry signal

Postby davidk4545 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:35 am

Hi,

I have recently gone from recording with Line 6 guitar port to a Scarlett 2i2. I have just upgraded to Amplitube 5 and love the sounds so far.
My issue is when I record all I get is the raw unprocessed signal to Garageband or Logic and I never hear the lush processed guitar that I have in my headphones.
All my inputs/ouputs are set to Scarlett 2i2.
Is it possible to record the wet processed sound with Amplitube and the Scarlett?

Thanks

David
davidk4545

Re: Amplitube 5 and Scarlett 2i2 only records dry signal

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Hello davidk4545 and welcome to the forum.

If I understand your post correctly, the audio signal path is:
Guitar > Scarlett > Garageband > AmpliTube (AT5) > Scarlett > Headphones

So, in your headphones you will be hearing the audio affected by AT5. But, the audio is recorded by Garageband 9or Logic) BEFORE it is sent to AT5. Doing it this way means that you can change / tweak the gear in AT5 and hear how the result changes without having to record your guitar again.

If you do wish to record the affected audio then you will need to record (render? bounce?) the output of the track in GarageBand or Logic.

Some audio interfaces have Monitor (or Stereo Mix) channels which can be used to feed the DAW audio back to the DAW. But go carefully as you could end up with LOUD audio feedback, damaging your ears or phones or speakers.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Amplitube 5 and Scarlett 2i2 only records dry signal

Postby supanorton » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 pm

I don't use GarageBand, but I do use Logic with AT5, and a 2i2. It all works seamlessly.

Did you load AT5 into the effects channel in Logic or are you using AT5 as a standalone along side of Logic?
supanorton

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling