Amplitube 5 sound cuts out

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 sound cuts out

Postby astralnaut » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:27 am

Anyone else have this problem?
Sounds cuts out @ random times after playing for awhile - Standalone & w/DAW. I'm using Windows 10 & a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 interface.
Only fix has been changing input, output, or buffer size & then changing back. Works fine... until it does it again. I've been back & forth with support, but nothing has helped (computer settings, ASIO4ALL, changing buffer size, 5.0.2 upgrade)
I am pretty frustrated @ this point. This software ain't cheap.
astralnaut

Re: Amplitube 5 sound cuts out

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:19 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you tried using the official drivers for your interface? Typically those always work better than the generic ASIO4ALL.

Also, have you reported this to IK Support? Since this is mainly a user-to-user forum, the IK Support team would be the way to obtain official and direct technical support. I'm sure they can figure out what is happening for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby astralnaut » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:40 pm

I've been back & forth w/ support - quite a bit. None of their recommendations have worked, so far.
Yeah, I've been using the Focusrite ASIO. The ASIO4ALL was one of the suggestions from support. So I installed & tried it out, but latency was so bad - no matter what buffer size I changed it to - so I didn't even use that long enough to see if it still cut out.
astralnaut

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:53 pm

What is your ticket number? They will happily continue to assist you until your issue is handled to your satisfaction.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby astralnaut » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:13 pm

Ticket #9493294
I had just kinda given up. The recommendations were beginning to cycle back to earlier suggestions.
astralnaut

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:50 pm

Thank you I'll have someone take a look at what's going on.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby astralnaut » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 pm

I appreciate that Peter, thank ya' kindly!
astralnaut

Postby jwhillbilly » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi, I just took the leap and purchased Aplitube Fender 1 and 2, SVT 2 and Jimi Hendrix plus some custom shop stomp box's. All I can say is the Fender's are amazing. I am having the drop out issues as well, especially with the Jimi Hendrix Silver Amp using the preset for Red House. Right off the bat a factory preset is red lining, and having the couple of seconds of audio drop out. This is a very serious bug because I have 16 gigs of ram with a large SSD drive, shouldn't be dropping out. I downloaded the new Beta ASIO4all for windows 10, but still get the audio drops with any hot amps even when there is no red lining. I have my PC maximized for audio and have my Norton Anti-Virus disabled just in case. I've been reading posts from all around the web to find a solution and have discovered this is happening to a lot of customers with powerful windows 10 PC's. I know Ik MultiMedia has to be on it to find a fix, so we have to just bite the bullet until then. Amazing product, the Fenders are spot on. [mod redacted - unnecessary, and please review and follow the rules when posting] I wanted to make a live software rig using Amplitube 5 but will bid my time in the the hopes that the code writers for Ik Multimedia can pinpoint the bug and send us all a fix very soon. So, hang in there man, your not alone on this.
jwhillbilly

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:49 pm

You would need to report the issue, I'm not experiencing the same so it probably is something in your settings/setup that is either tickling a bug or causing an issue for you. IK Support can be reached via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they'll verify/recreate your issue and assist as appropriate and/or submit the bug to the IK developers if it is something global.

Just posting here without reporting it to support will not get the attention of the developers.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby astralnaut » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:23 pm

[/quote]
jwhillbilly wrote:Hi, I just took the leap and purchased Aplitube Fender 1 and 2, SVT 2 and Jimi Hendrix plus some custom shop stomp box's. All I can say is the Fender's are amazing. I am having the drop out issues as well, especially with the Jimi Hendrix Silver Amp using the preset for Red House. Right off the bat a factory preset is red lining, and having the couple of seconds of audio drop out. This is a very serious bug because I have 16 gigs of ram with a large SSD drive, shouldn't be dropping out. I downloaded the new Beta ASIO4all for windows 10, but still get the audio drops with any hot amps even when there is no red lining. I have my PC maximized for audio and have my Norton Anti-Virus disabled just in case. I've been reading posts from all around the web to find a solution and have discovered this is happening to a lot of customers with powerful windows 10 PC's. I know Ik MultiMedia has to be on it to find a fix, so we have to just bite the bullet until then. Amazing product, the Fenders are spot on. [mod redacted - unnecessary, and please review and follow the rules when posting] I wanted to make a live software rig using Amplitube 5 but will bid my time in the the hopes that the code writers for Ik Multimedia can pinpoint the bug and send us all a fix very soon. So, hang in there man, your not alone on this.

Thanks for the post. And I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one with this issue. And I do hope you're right, about a fix in progress.
astralnaut

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:02 pm

No need to hope if you have reported your issue to the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support. If nobody has contacted IK Support with your issue, then it will not be fixed magically. This forum is not a medium for direct technical support or bug reporting. Please make sure you've all reported your issue to the IK Support team and have tickets for it. Otherwise, your issue will not be resolved.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 pm

Thread devolved into nonsense (removed a post ranting about nothing, likely not understanding what I posted above which is how issues and/or bugs are reported and resolved). Locking.

Report issues to tech support who verify/recreate and do get bugs fixed by submitting them to the development team. If you don't report it and think that posting on forums is going to get anything fixed, you'll be waiting a long time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:16 pm

In short, the misunderstanding here seems to be:

1. This forum is not IK Support (as mentioned as the first rule of this forum)
  2. IK Support and the devs are separate, but IK Support absolutely logs bugs that go to the devs
  3. At least one poster refuses to reported the issue (I'm also told it is not a common/global issue according to our Support Manager)
  4. Since it is not a common issue, it likely could be fixed by IK Support directly if and when reported to them
  5. If the few people having the issue report it and it is found that they're exposing something that needs to be fixed by the developers, as mentioned above the IK Support team can and will open bug reports for the developers
  6. There are clear rules for this forum, linked at the top of each page and to which everybody agreed when signing up. Multiple were broken in this thread. I have asked those that have done so to review the rules, and note there are rules about moderation there too which were broken outside of this thread
  7. I sincerely hope this issue is or will soon be resolved for those that have reported it to IK Support.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling