Suggestions for Foot Control/Expression

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Suggestions for Foot Control/Expression

Postby charcot25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:15 pm

Anybody can recommend a simple solution for me? I would like to get a foot controller for use with wah and other expression pedals in Amplitube 5. I have an audio interface with MIDI in but having trouble finding expression pedals that feature midi out. Most are 1/4".
charcot25

Re: Suggestions for Foot Control/Expression

Postby alienpops » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:21 pm

For a simple solution, I would recommend the Line 6 FBV Express MKII Guitar Footswitch. New it's about $120, but you can get a used one for less. While it does not have a MIDI out, if you connect it via USB to your computer, it will send MIDI directly to AT5. It has 4 buttons and an expression pedal which can switch between two controls (say volume and wah) with a toe switch. This is the pedal I use most often with AT4/AT5.

There are other pedals that have actual MIDI out, but I think they tend to be more expensive? For example, I do also have the IK Stomp io which has a midi out. But I actually just connect that via USB as well to get MIDI into AT5 (and don't use the actual MIDI out).

Does that make sense? Basically, if the pedal has a USB output, that will deliver MIDI signals to AT5 without having to connect a MIDI cable to your interfaces MIDI in. Although, you could certainly do it that way. If you are going that route, I believe there is a Behringer pedal (FCB1010) that only has MIDI out and does not have the USB and is under $200. It also has more buttons and two pedals. I haven't used it myself, but that one seems like it might work if you specifically needed to connect the pedal with a MIDI cable rather than USB.
alienpops

Re: Suggestions for Foot Control/Expression

Postby charcot25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. I also realized I have a keyboard midi controller lying around that I could plug an expression pedal into.
charcot25

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling