Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - not working w/ AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - not working w/ AT5

Postby danielpillay » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:19 am

Hi All,
I have seen a few posts but none of them solve my issue. I recently bought Amplitube 5 Max and I am using the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen. My guitar plays through the interface but when I start up AT5, the effects from the amp/pedals/etc. are not coming through. When I go to the settings on AT5 the input and output say Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen. I have messed with the channels but to no avail. Lastly, I noticed that the tuner in AT5 doesn't even register that I have anything connected to it. I have AT4 and everything works perfectly. Any reason as to why this is happening? I am running MacOS 11.1 (Big Sur). I am a bit new to the Amp Sim game and I hope I did a decent job explaining my problem. Please let me know if you have a fix, or if I need to clarify more lol.
Thanks
danielpillay

Re: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - not working w/ AT5

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:32 am

Hello danielpillay and welcome to the forums.

danielpillay wrote:When I go to the settings on AT5 the input and output say Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen. I have messed with the channels but to no avail.

Some users have found that they need to have the Right input as channel 1 as well as having the left input as channel 2, where the guitar is plugged in. I don't know why this makes a difference.

Also, make sure you have the most uptodate version of AT5 installed.

danielpillay wrote:I noticed that the tuner in AT5 doesn't even register that I have anything connected to it.

I'm guessing this is the same for the input meter in the bottom left-hand corner of the GUI?

Have you tried opening AT5 in a DAW and seeing if you have the same problem as with the standalone?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby danielpillay » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 am

Wow, I feel like I have tried this and it didn't work. I gave it a shot and BOOM! It works. Thank you so much!
For those may have the same problem.
Input Device = Left Chanel: input 2 // Right Chanel: input 2
Out Device = Left Chanel: output 2 // Right Chanel: Output 1
danielpillay

Postby garfy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:33 am

Glad that we have some success.

danielpillay wrote:Out Device = Left Chanel: output 2 // Right Chanel: Output 1

Try the outputs the other way round (L=1 R=2) otherwise any panned elements (such as 3 cab chains) will be the wrong way round and confusing to edit. It should work, I've only seen issues with the inputs not working correctly.

Let us know.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling