Unable to record Amplitube Leslie speed changes in Cakewalk

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Unable to record Amplitube Leslie speed changes in Cakewalk

Postby guyprentice » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:11 pm

I thought I had this figured out at one time, but can't seem to duplicate my previous results. Can someone walk me through setting this up? I've seen responses for this issue with Cubase and other DAWS, but nothing for Sonar.

I'm using Amplitube 4 and the Rotary 147-2 cab as an Audio FX for a MIDI Vox Continental (East-West Play) instrument track, recording into Cakewalk by Bandlab. While I can hear Leslie speed changes when I play live, they're not recording onto the track.

I would prefer to be able to assign Leslie speed to my keyboard's mod wheel, but worse comes to worse, would be happy if I could even just mouse click the speed controller live while I'm recording.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
guyprentice

Re: Unable to record Amplitube Leslie speed changes in Cakew

Postby 6stringer » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:11 am

Sounds like you want to record the MIDI events related to the mod wheeel.

First, you have to enable MIDI input on the instance of Amplitube you want to receive the mod wheel events. To do this, open that instance of Amplitube. Near the top of the VST window will be a pull down menu (I think it will say "VST" or "VST 3"). Select that and pick the "Enable MIDI Input" option. Now Amplitube can receive the MIDI data.

Next, add a MIDI track to your project. Select your keyboard device as the input source. Select the instance of Amplitube that you want to receive the MIDI data as the output destination of the MIDI track. Enable recording for the track (click on the record button) and enable input monitoring (it's the button to the right of the record button).

Start recording and move the mod wheel. Your movements will be recorded to the MIDI track and sent to Amplitube.
6stringer

Re: Unable to record Amplitube Leslie speed changes in Cakew

Postby guyprentice » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:49 pm

Thanks for the response. I've tried this with no success. Apparently, there is some kind of well known glitch with the Amplitube Leslie speed being tracked. There are several workarounds in the forum for Cubase and other sequencers, but nothing for Sonar (Cakewalk).
guyprentice

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling