AmpliTube 5 no sound output with Scarlett Solo

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 no sound output with Scarlett Solo

Postby scotguenther » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:53 am

I just got a Scarlett Solo, and it works like it's supposed to in Ableton Live Lite. I downloaded the free AmpliTube 5 and I get NO sound output. Direct Monitor button is off (get dry sound when on). I switched to Input 2 in Amplitube and it shows the green bar bouncing up and down when I strum on my guitar. I can even record and it shows a waveform. But when I try to play it back, or play live, even though the output bars show activity, there is no sound... no hiss, nothing. I unplugged the Scarlett and used the laptop's built in mic and it works, so there is some problem between the Scarlett and Amplitube.
scotguenther

Re: AmpliTube 5 no sound output with Scarlett Solo

Postby rwaterspf1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:08 am

Same issue with standalone AT5 Max with iRig HD 2 and mAudio fast track ultra in win10. Almost has to be an audio routing issue in AT5 since I can use AT5 as a VST3 plugin in Reaper and it works fine. I sent an email to support yesterday but with the holidays it might take a bit for them to get back to me
rwaterspf1

Postby garfy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:57 am

Hello rwaterspf1 and scottguenther and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you are both having these issues and, although they sound the same, they may not be the same cause as you note 3 different AIs and 2 different DAWs between you.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby scotguenther » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Oddly enough, AmpliTube 5 works as a VST plugin in Ableton Lite 10. It just doesn't work in the standalone AT5.
scotguenther

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:47 pm

AT5 v5.0.0 did have some problems with audio device channels; the v.5.0.1 release was meant to fix that problem (among other fixes).

Which version are you using?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bryanm » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:06 am

Same issue here with me. AmpliTube 5.0.1 standalone does not produce sound on my Windows 10 machine with a focusright clarett interface with the latest 3.6 drivers. it works fine as a VST in reaper, but no sound in standalone. It records and both input and output meters move to show sound entering and leaving but nothing reaches the speakers. it also seems to reset the buffer to 256 every time it’s launched. By contrast s-gear works fine sent to the same outputs.
bryanm

Postby garfy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:45 am

Hi bryanm

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

Please contact support via the link given above.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby markheathcote » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:20 pm

exactly the same problem in standalone with 5.0.1 version and in my case Focusrite 2i2 - I can see the level meters in and out responding but no output no matter what I choose. I have logged a ticket. I certainly won't buy the full version until this is working. There was also somethign weird on my driver selection as ASIO that I could see the level OUTPUT responding to my wife talking on the phone, which must have been through the laptop mic since my proper mic was not plugged in to the Focusrite. Some weird audio driver routing bugs going on.
markheathcote

Postby GuitarMoxy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 pm

I also have the same problem: a Scarlett 2i2 that produces no sound irrespective of the configuration, despite the output monitor moving and a waveform being produced on the track screen.

I started a support ticket a few days ago. They suggested setting the Audio Technology to Windows Audio or Direct Sound, before switching it back to ASIO, but it didn't work for me. They requested that I email them the AmpliTube 5 settings file if that didn't work, which I did. It has been two or three days with no reply.

Like other people on here, I would be loath to upgrade to one of the non-free version while this problem persists: even though it does work when used via a plugin in Reaper. The standalone functionality is how I planned to use it during practice sessions.

I'm hoping this will be fixed soon in an update. The Scarlett interface is the most popular one on the market, so I'm surprised that this issue wasn't discovered during testing.
GuitarMoxy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:55 pm

There were tests with various interfaces, but two reasons why something like this wouldn't get caught: It's not happening for everyone. There are a ton of audio interfaces so it is impossible to test every one (no matter how popular, including ours are among the most popular out there) and this seems to be more than just with a particular interface for those experiencing it.

The bulk of users are not having this issue and IK Support will help those who are. Let's keep the unnecessary critiques of the testing team and trivializing their hard work out of this too, please.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GuitarMoxy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:16 pm

My standalone app finally works!

Support sent me a settings file to replace the existing one

[Mod redacted. Mod note - Sorry @GuitarMoxy, I can see you're a new user but please review the rules here rules.php" regarding the posting of any direct correspondence from Official Support. Posting details and information connected directly to your own setup may lead to other users to inadvertently compromise their own systems/installations. I've left enough detail from your post to show other users the effectiveness of dealing with Official Support for one-to-one solutions]

After I replaced the settings file...[mod redacted] I can hear the effects live and the recording plays back. There is some weirdness where the playback is a bit distorted compared to the live sound, but that might have something to do with the gain settings on my Focusrite or the Input levels on the AmpliTube standalone app. I will try and experiment with those settings.

If the above seems too daunting, you might save time by sending your settings file to IK support up-front for them to edit it for you. The changes are minimal, but I can understand that editing a settings file isn't for everyone.

I hope this helps. At least you know that there is a fix. Hopefully, they'll introduce it in a future update.
GuitarMoxy

Postby Abikis » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:11 pm

[mod redacted - rules and moderation are not the topic of discussion and the latter is covered specifically in the forum rules. Please continue to review them and follow them if you would like to continue to participate here. Also, this thread is resolved, and thus will be locked now.]
Abikis

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling