Amplitube 5 Cubase problems

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Cubase problems

Postby joe nerve » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:52 am

I guess I'll start by stating that I'm running the most recent version (just updated 9:30PM Dec. 25).

2 issues. The first is minor. Amplitube 5 shows up under the sub category of "DISTORTION." Why doesn't it show up where Amplitube 4 does? In the picture below it showed up under 'OTHER," (I did that screenshot a few days ago before updating. Don't know how to load a current screenshot on this forum, so I'm using the old one to show the 2nd issue...).

2nd, more important issue: The Amplitube 5 screen gets cut off at the bottom in the middle of the routing section. I've updated 2 times and it continues to happen.

Is this a still a bug that needs to be worked our, or can it be fixed somewhere that I'm not yet seeing?

joe nerve

Re: Amplitube 5 Cubase problems

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:34 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

Does that AT5 standalone program GUI look OK? As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#] to advise or comment.

For screenshots: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432

-------------------------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Hademus » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello,

I have the same in cubase.
AmpliTube 5 is under 'distortion".
AmpliTube 4 is under "Ik multimedia production".
I don't know how it comes.
My screen is well complete.

greetings
Hademus

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Please contact Support on the link above.

Is it possible in Cubase to change the category?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby joe nerve » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:26 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I'm going to contact support now. I'm having other issues I need to resolve also. While I will contact them regarding these issues, I'll put them here also in case any one has a clue.

I "upgraded," from a ancient Toneport setup by getting an AXE IO and Amplitube.

Now I can't get a decently recorded track, and I just got my first request for some work since that upgrade.

I get glitchy, broken up tracks with pops no matter what I do. I've matched up the sample rate on everything I'm using (Windows, Cubase, Amplitube, AXE), played with buffer sizes endlessly, reinstalled, moved my internet router (which I thought might have been causing the problem)...

Its very frustrating. Arrgh...
joe nerve

Postby shmihe » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 pm

Hademus wrote:Hello,

I have the same in cubase.
AmpliTube 5 is under 'distortion".
AmpliTube 4 is under "Ik multimedia production".
I don't know how it comes.
My screen is well complete.

greetings

My AT4 and AT5 both show up in the same places/categories as yours do in Cubase 10.5 Pro here.

Cubase seems to do this I am guessing? Other brands/plugins have odd categorized locations too. It bugs me a bit, but I can live with it once I know where to look for them.
shmihe

Postby jmadrid83 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 am

Hello all, I hope you all had great christmas.

This is my first post in this forum and I'm seeing that you have basically the same issue than I have but please I would like to have some confirmation on your side since I will open a support ticket both to Steinberg and IK.

After installing AT5 as some of you have described previously we can see:
- AmpliTube 5 is under ''distortion".
- AmpliTube 4 is under "Ik multimedia production" (note by me: I can also see AT4 in ''distortion").

The thing here that AT4 located in "Ik multimedia production" is VST2 but AT4/AT5 located under "distortion" are VST3 (you can see the difference if in the right side of the plugin name you see the symbol "///", that means is VST version 3).

So basically in Cubase with AT4 you can see both VST versions (2 & 3) however in AT5 you can see only VST3.

Is the same for you? is strange because I also use Ableton Live and I can see both VST versions of AT5 so it seems a Cubase + IK issue.

To me this is a problem because I usually use VST2 in order to send MIDI Program Change which in VST3 doesn't work, so I cannot change presets with VST3.

Thank you!
jmadrid83

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling