Amplitube 4 vs 5 RACK effects

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 vs 5 RACK effects

Postby lcipher » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:54 am

It looks like 5 has a much cooler "rack" FX setup vs 4 - yes? So the FX from version 4 are now the more "modular" vertical pluging FX rack style vs the horizontal / less cool ?

I currently have Amplitube 4 MAX and "AXE I/O T-RackS Collection" that they gave me when I bought my AXE IO (love it!) back this summer. Not upgraded yet trying to decide Amplitube 5SE or 5. I did just install Amplitubr 5CS.

If I look in my Custom Shop I see a bunch of the newer style rack FX "unlocked" / registered that are supposedly only in Amplitube 5 and 5 Deluxe. Is this because they changed the rack style and the 4MAX were updated? Also maybe because I have the AXE I/O T-RackS Collection? I show pretty much ALL of them "green checked" in the RACK part of custom shop
lcipher

Re: Amplitube 4 vs 5 RACK effects

Postby lcipher » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Anyone? Hate to bug, and I know it's holidays - but IK has the Dec 31 deadline for the upgrade,

I have a few more posts up - still finding it indcreblity difficult to understand what I get from upgrading AmpliTube 4 MAX to 5 SE or 5 vs CS.

I HAVE read the pdf of the differences, browsed the 32 page gearslutz forum, etc. Still do not get what I have "NOW" (all but about 27 of the SE and 38 of the 5 equipment. The "new" "rack stuff" new FX shows up as ALREADY registered in my custom shop.. so I dont get it and cannot determine if the A5 CS I have is in demo or ?? as it lets me select and use Amplitube 5 and SE presets.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I still dont get what "unlocked" vs "upgraded" equipment means in 4 vs 5 (SE or 5)?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And can someone confirm buying Amplitube 5 or SE from CUSTOME SHOP is the same as from IK store? Seems like of course but does it then register in the web account? Given that there is custom shop, IK store (web) and IK product manager (app) it's a wee bit confusion...
lcipher

Postby lcipher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:07 pm

bumping this - hoping for a reply by Dec deadline.

Guys/gals come on. I LOVE Amplitube 5 new look and all but I find the marketing side and all EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to the point of starting to look for other options.

This is not just me. Take a look at the gearslutz forum on the 35+page thread and you'll see the same issues: not clear as to what is in A5 vs max, seemingly access to gear in CS that is for SE or 5 etc.

Please resspond to above questions, would really appreciate it ... .thanks.
lcipher

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:00 pm

I do not know the answers.

The best thing to do is ask Sales Support, explaining that you wish to make a purchase at the introductory price, but need answers to your questions first.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lcipher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Darkstar - thanks for getting back to me.

I think I'll just buy 5std (as it's what I want, and I do think the CS / etc is screwed up).

But can you at least confirm that you can buy Amplitube 5 in the Custom shop and its the same as getting it thru IK website account? By all means it SHOULD be - it's right there as an "AmpliTube 5 Upgrade" under collections. At 150 "credits" it's the same as the current "deal" in ik right>?

BTW how do you get ahold of sales support? The "support" just takes you to articles and FAQ. Or is it a phone call or??
lcipher

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Literally wrote a massive answer and it disappeared instead of posting #thereisnoangeremoji

lcipher wrote:But can you at least confirm that you can buy Amplitube 5 in the Custom shop and its the same as getting it thru IK website account? By all means it SHOULD be - it's right there as an "AmpliTube 5 Upgrade" under collections. At 150 "credits" it's the same as the current "deal" in ik right>?

It's all the same, the only difference is that you can only use Gear Credits in the Custom Shop.

Contact Sales using this form https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sales/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:54 pm

garfy wrote:you can only use Gear Credits in the Custom Shop.

Actually, scratch that. I've just noticed that you can toggle between GC and cash now.
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:54 pm

lcipher wrote:BTW how do you get ahold of sales support? The "support" just takes you to articles and FAQ. Or is it a phone call or??

To contact Support, go via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to a Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:56 pm

lcipher wrote:It looks like 5 has a much cooler "rack" FX setup vs 4 - yes? So the FX from version 4 are now the more "modular" vertical pluging FX rack style vs the horizontal / less cool ?

AT5 has replaced the horizontal rack with the 500-series style lunchbox.

lcipher wrote:If I look in my Custom Shop I see a bunch of the newer style rack FX "unlocked" / registered that are supposedly only in Amplitube 5 and 5 Deluxe. Is this because they changed the rack style and the 4MAX were updated? Also maybe because I have the AXE I/O T-RackS Collection? I show pretty much ALL of them "green checked" in the RACK part of custom shop

1) The FX you can see should be the ones you already own from AT4MAX
2) There is no Deluxe version.
3) Whatever you own as part of AXE IO T-RackS has no bearing on what you can use in AT5.

lcipher wrote:not clear as to what is in A5 vs max, seemingly access to gear in CS that is for SE or 5 etc.

In a nutshell (and very paraphrased):

AT5CS - basic free version with updated GUI, some routing options, 39 pieces of gear AND access to all of your previously owned gear (but not upgraded)
AT5SE - full version of the app with updated GUI, routing, full impulse responses, VIR 3D tech view of mic placement etc, with 77 pieces of gear AND ALL of your previously owned gear upgraded.
AT5 - full version of the app with updated GUI, routing, full impulse responses, VIR 3D tech view of mic placement etc, all of your previously owned gear upgraded AND brand new gear which, along with the included previously released gear, totals 177 pieces.
AT5MAX - everything available at launch.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby lcipher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:10 pm

garfy wrote:
AT5CS - basic free version with updated GUI, some routing options, 39 pieces of gear AND access to all of your previously owned gear (but not upgraded)
AT5SE - full version of the app with updated GUI, routing, full impulse responses, VIR 3D tech view of mic placement etc, with 77 pieces of gear AND ALL of your previously owned gear upgraded.
AT5 - full version of the app with updated GUI, routing, full impulse responses, VIR 3D tech view of mic placement etc, all of your previously owned gear upgraded AND brand new gear which, along with the included previously released gear, totals 177 pieces.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! But as I said - I only have A4max right now, with CS5 installed as well. I have not bought 5SE /5 / 5Max. ALL of the new lunch box style FX are registered from summer when I bought my AxeIO (how?) These include ALL the ones in the 5SE and 5. I can also in my CS5 access all presets SE/Max whatever and VIR3D. Only the Dimebag, Satrinia, May etc is missing I believe.

If I look in my custom shop -SE I have all but 27 pieces "green checked". in 5 std all but 38 pieces.

Seem strange to you?

I have no problem paying for 5std as fair is fair, but I don't get what's going on....
lcipher

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:30 pm

Sorry Icipher, that's all the help I can give.

If you've got gear appearing in AT5CS that isn't the included free stuff, or from your AT4MAX, then something weird is going on. Only way to get a definitive answer will be to open a ticket with Official Support here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
garfy

Postby lcipher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:50 pm

garfy wrote:
garfy wrote:you can only use Gear Credits in the Custom Shop.

Actually, scratch that. I've just noticed that you can toggle between GC and cash now.

Yes - but its not clear what happens since is says it goes to the IK store. At that point I think you can't use gear credits.

It's all pretty darn confusing if you ask me.

I'm going to buy grear credits at IK store (and use jam points) then spend the gear credits+available credits. What a pain....
lcipher

Postby lcipher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Wow - now Im really angry....

I thought I might as well buy A5 (be legit) so I used credits etc and bought it. Shows the A5 bundle as "green" now - but NOT ALL THE GEAR IN THERE IS green checked! Its the exact same as BEFORE!!! I have no idea what I have now as being new / different etc. Super PO'd now. I *get* that a lot of this may be on my end not understanding what is what - but this is exactly why when a company goes to this type of product /pricing strategy (and throw in a deadline for the "deal") that they need to be VERY CLEAR on what is expected and delivered.

I have a message sent to support on my account. No idea what will happen but this is a seriously bad way to start off.
lcipher

Postby xyXYxy3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:20 pm

lcipher wrote:It looks like 5 has a much cooler "rack" FX setup vs 4 - yes? So the FX from version 4 are now the more "modular" vertical pluging FX rack style vs the horizontal / less cool ?
I would think vertical or horizontal doesn't matter. If it is Part of Amplitube (4) Max, then its within. Only Question is what is with the new ones.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 5#whatsnew
Those are the Racks of MAX(if you need a reminder. ;)
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... =gear#Rack

The new ones are mostly T-Racks. You had access to those with A4 Max?

garfy wrote:AT5CS - basic free version with updated GUI, some routing options, 39 pieces of gear AND access to all of your previously owned gear (but not upgraded)
I assume AT5 MAX means everything coming out while it is AT5-Time. Why should someone bother to buy AT5MAX, if all he needs would be AT5+A4-Max. AT5 includes all new gear in AT5 so far.

lcipher wrote:I thought I might as well buy A5 (be legit) so I used credits etc and bought it. Shows the A5 bundle as "green" now - but NOT ALL THE GEAR IN THERE IS green checked! Its the exact same as BEFORE!!!
I don't know why, but not all gear is green checked. If you own it, there is no price and no "TRY" in the new Custom Shop.
The price difference between AT5SE and AT5 is as far as i see for those
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5#whatsnew wrote:2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, and 19 racks FX derived from T-RackS and redesigned specifically for AmpliTube 5

And for users that owned less than Amplitube 4 Deluxe/Amplitube 3 up to some 70+ other/ older gear.
xyXYxy3

Postby lcipher » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:24 pm

rampan wrote:I had same questions as you now after updating to 5.01 all is clear. I only have what I'm suppose to have. Apparently CS was more like 5. If you want to enjoy and test the models in 5
do not upgrade to 5.01 once you do you'll have them all locked as they should.

Interesting but I had CS5 installed and this was the version in info: just 5.010 (200L18)
And it still did it. There is zero diff now that I "upgraded" to (and paid) to 5 standard.
There was nothing to dl and install when I bought it - seems like the least they could do is in the INFO say CS5, %SE, 5, 5MAX etc.

If you go to Custom Shop is the "Ampitube 5 bundle (under collections) checked? Are all the gear icons underneath (in amp5) checked if you click on that ? Mine are NOT - most but same as before. So I really don't know what I have, should have, bought, etc.

My worry is I try something out I think I 'own" and it goes poof... no trust in the system right now.
lcipher

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling