Amplitube 4 vs 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 vs 5

Postby bigbad.wolf » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:20 pm

I have seen several chats re the differences in 5 to 4. First off 5 I think 5 sounds great, no issues there.
However selecting presets in the drop down is so slow now, hope this gets a fix.
Just copied the missing preset sounds from 4 to 5 and looking at some noticed another difference, or maybe I am missing something.
Amplitube 4 select the old Better 70 than 80 preset. Brings up the American tube clean 2 amp. SO does 5, but in 4 under GAIN you could change the amp, under EQ you could change the amp eq set up and under Volume you could select different valve options, but in 5 all gone! :(
bigbad.wolf

Re: Amplitube 4 vs 5

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:27 pm

The "American tube clean 2 " smp is, I believe, one of the "legacy" models, from the days of AT2, or even AT1.

So that we can see what we are discussing, here are the panels from AT4 and AT5:

Switching pre-amps and amps is indeed not in AT5. I believe that Peter did explain why, on the forum, but I cannot find the post, at the moment

For the EQ, AT5 enables you to add up to 4 effects in the "Loop FX" section of the amplifier, shown immediately to the right of the amp in the signal chain.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby steveforward » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:43 pm

I've just gotten Amplitube 5 CS so I can try it out.

sounds great, but the niggles I have are:

standalone is buggy as hell, yes the settings file adjustment solves it, but it still goes out of whack every now and again, so a backup copy of the "settings.properties" file is needed.

- in Amplitube 3 and 4 I invested in lots of gear, and packages, wrote some great sounding presets, only to find that when I try to import AT3 files into AT5, it simply won't work, you need to use AT4 files instead. More to the point, AT5 can't seem to interpret them well, all the reverbs and delays are out of whack.

always niggles with newly released products, I fully understand this, but the lack of backwards compatability with older presets is truly awful.

are we meant to start again with each new subsequent version?
steveforward

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:45 pm

My AT4 presets didn't need an insane amount of tweaking, just a touch as I would expect. If you are having specific issues I'd bring them to the attention of IK Support so they can help you directly and see if there are any specific things that aren't translating well in the presets you're having issues with.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling