Amplitube 5 SE upgrade & Artist presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 SE upgrade & Artist presets

Postby bhmJEM » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:48 pm

I pre-ordered the upgraded to Amplitube 5 SE as this version seemed to make most sense based on that fact that I had the Ampitube 4 Deluxe that came with my Axe I/O and the all the artist and amp collection packs (some from a promo at the time and other that I paid for separately).

Amplitube 5 is a great upgrade but what has surprised me is that some of the pre-sets in the artist packs say have I gear missing. For example the "Live 2019" preset in the Brian May collection says I am missing Hall Reverb.

Did I make a mistake getting the SE version upgrade - i.e is this a downgrade and was the Amplitube 5 upgrade the one I needed to keep these? There doesn't seem to be an SE to 5 option either to correct this if so.
bhmJEM

Re: Amplitube 5 SE upgrade & Artist presets

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:56 pm

AT4 SE is not strictly an Upgrade, but all gear that you have in AT4 Deluxe will also be available in AT5 SE, once you do a "Restore my Purchases" in the new (v2) Custom Shop.

As for the Hall Reverb, it is one of the new FX, derived from T-RackS 5, which are included in AT5 and AT5 MAX. But it does seem odd to me that a preset in the Brian May Collection includes that rack FX. Wouldn't other users have run into that problem, before AT5 was released?

There is no specific AT5 SE to AT5 upgrade. It would be worth contacting Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bhmJEM » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks - I will ask the support the question.

If Hall reverb is a new FX in version 5 it seems like some of the presets have been revised.

I might reinstall Amplitube 4 and check (I deleted it soon after installing 5 rather foolishly as I couldn't see any reason to go back).
bhmJEM

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:19 pm

^^^
The reason to keep AT4 installed is for all your existing projects.

AT5 does not replace AT4 on disk or in your projects. And the same preset will sound different/better in AT5.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling