Question to Amplitube 4 users using headphones.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Question to Amplitube 4 users using headphones.

Postby cls20g » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:46 pm

HI everyone,

I recently got Amplitube 4 max for my Macbook pro using interface Focusrite Scarlett solo. I have good quality studio headphones AKG k77. I am noticing that after a not long practice section, I start feeling it on my ears, I tried to low the volume enough, but still I can feel it especially after mins ( no long or loud ) of enjoying a bit of good Mesa distortion.

Is there something I can do that it will help with this? maybe using an equaliser, or changing my headphones? without compromising the sound quality? Maybe headphones are not a good option?
and it will be better with a set of studio speakers? what is your experience?

any advice will be great! :)

Thanks
Carlos
cls20g

Re: Question to Amplitube 4 users using headphones.

Postby garfy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi Carlos and welcome to the forum.

First thing - if it's hurting your ears, stop! They're obviously trying to tell you something and hearing damage is not a good thing.

The problem with how loud something is, is that it's all relative. What you might feel is quiet I might find too loud or vice versa.

If it's a specific frequency, then an equaliser will possibly solve the issue, but it doesn't really cure the problem. It could be that your headphones are pressing on your ears/head too much and you're just perceiving the pain as something else. A set of good quality monitors would help move the sound away from being directed straight into your ears as headphones do, but again isn't necessarily curing the problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it's obviously a very personal thing. Perhaps a visit to a local audiologist to have your ears checked over, just in case. However, I reiterate - if something is hurting, turn it down more or stop altogether.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling