Amplitube 4 audio cuts in and out

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 audio cuts in and out

Postby karlisklau » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:50 pm

So I have some problem setting up Amplitube 4. My setup - MacBook Pro (Mid-2012, 8GB RAM, i5, 240GB SSD, iOS Catalina) and I use PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 interface (installed driver from official website, should be supporting iOS Catalina).
The problem is, when i'm playing audio just cuts off for a second or less, then turns back on again, then it works okey for a minute or so and dose same thing again. BTW same thing is happening with Garadge band amp simulator.
Then I tried Amplitube 4 with same interface with my older Win laptop (which is significantly weaker than my MacBook Pro) using ASIO4ALL driver and it worked smoothly, almost no latency and no signal jumping off and on.
What could be a problem? Maybe its something to do with iOS drivers?
karlisklau

Re: Amplitube 4 audio cuts in and out

Postby garfy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:48 am

Hello karlisklau and welcome to the forum.

As the problem sounds like an issue with the Presonus/Mac (drop outs in 2 different pieces of software) have you asked on a Presonus forum in case others have seen the issue. It would appear that their driver is Catalina-ready, so I don't know where you would go next for that one.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling