Preset 'Save As' issue in Cakewalk

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Preset 'Save As' issue in Cakewalk

Postby patrowles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:27 pm

I've just started getting this strange and annoying issue using Amplitube 4 in Cakewalk. If I tweak a preset and decide to use 'Save As' to give it a name I'll remember (e.g. associate it with a song or an instrument), pressing certain keys operates the DAW instead of entering characters in the name field. For example, hitting space starts/stops playback, 'w' rewinds to the song's start, 'shift+r' opens the Step Record dialog, and 'h' hides tracks!

I'll quite understand if it's because of something Bandlab have done, but while I'm here I'd like to ask why the UI isn't more user-friendly? Don't get me wrong, the sounds are amazing, but why can't you copy/paste text into or between fields? Why can't you apply filters to more of the columns instead of just sorting on them? And couldn't the UI be made 'scalable', so that if you full-screen it you can see all the columns without scrolling left/right?
patrowles

Re: Preset 'Save As' issue in Cakewalk

Postby cybermaster » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:37 pm

I experienced exactly this same thing the other day! Except it wasn't using Amplitube in Cakewalk, it was with Independence in Samplitude! :lol:
I think this is potentially a wide-ranging problem with alot of different plugins and DAWs.
cybermaster

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling