"Based On" Gear List?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

"Based On" Gear List?

Postby frankfkeim » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Hello Everybody.

Does anybody maintain a current "based on" list of all the available AmpliTube gear? I found some subsets in this forum but no current list off all amps, cabs, gear etc.
frankfkeim

Re: "Based On" Gear List?

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Try looking in the Custom Shop software. This is included with your AmpliTube download. The descriptions for each piece of gear should help identify each model.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby frankfkeim » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 am

Thank you Ryan. The additional detail is helpful, but I was looking for a list that would show all amp models (and other gear) and the originals that they are based on. In Custom Shop I only saw individual descriptions but not a direct reference (for example based on VOX AC 30 etc). Am I looking at this wrong?
frankfkeim

Postby garfy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:58 pm

frankfkeim wrote:Thank you Ryan. The additional detail is helpful, but I was looking for a list that would show all amp models (and other gear) and the originals that they are based on. In Custom Shop I only saw individual descriptions but not a direct reference (for example based on VOX AC 30 etc). Am I looking at this wrong?

Make sure you are looking in the Custom Shop app, not AT4CS, as in this screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/ub2IIGe

Descriptions of what each piece of gear is based on, or an official model, are also in the User Manual. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a definitive 'list' has been published, so you will need to trawl through either of the above.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:41 pm

There is no unified, official list of all the "based on" gear. Trawling through the various user manuals from AT3 onwards will let you ID the basic "inspirations" for most main gear models. There are some details surrounding some of these that are a little hazy, though some have been clarified to various extents by IKM reps on this forum. Perhaps the main "officially unconfirmed" info concerns the 12" speaker models that can be swapped around in the cabinet models. There are a few speculative lists prepared by users, and though there is probably relatively little doubt about some of the speaker models, others are perhaps a little less obvious.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby frankfkeim » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Thank you both!

The Custom Shop User manual was exactly what I was looking for. It has all gear listed with a close enough description of the everything is based on.

Thank you again!
frankfkeim

Postby knasky » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:07 pm

knasky

Postby livesforrap » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:52 pm

I found these fun to look through even though I already know them. Geez, knowing how many I have I should just own max :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling