Huge problems with Amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Huge problems with Amplitube 4

Postby ryanfernandes » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Hello everyone!

I have serious issues with Amplitube 4, pretty sure I'm doing something basic totally wrong.

Well, I am using Amplitube 4 within Reaper. I tried to archieve an early Linkin Park sound (something similar to their album "Meteora"). I read online they used 3 layers of Dual rectifier and 1 layer of JCM800, both through the Mesa 4x12 cab. I played around a little and the result after a little bit of experimentation was this:

There wasn't much effort put into it, tho, as I was using a Laptop in the recording garage that wasn't even mine. However, I sent the whole project files to my own Computer where I tried to load it up. And suddenly, the very same project with absolutely nothing changed sounds like this:

<< Mod Edit: Off-topic, suspicious links removed>>

The guitar sound is not only completely different, but it's also distorted. When solo-ing one of the guitar tracks, you can clearly hear a bad kind of distortion that sounds like a wrong setting somewhere.

I double and triple checked sample rates: The reaper setting, the interface setting and the DI signals are all 44.1 khz and 24bit. I also tried chancing the ASIO engine to Direct WAV, as well as using the built in audio chip instead of the interface for rendering, but that did not change anything.
ryanfernandes

Re: Huge problems with Amplitube 4

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please contact IK Multimedia Technical Support with this issue to see what they think.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

The IK Multimedia Technical Support team is best equipped to look into any unusual behavior. Do note, this is a forum for user-to-user contact and not direct support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling