Pre-set warning?!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Pre-set warning?!

Postby msdaniel924 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Hey All....

Just got this and was trying it out. Im using pt 11 ...I opened up an older project and started messing with AmpliTube 3 as a plug in replacement on some preexisting guitar tracks. when I open up the browser...and start clicking through the various options.....i get a "preset warning" on every single one listed in the choices...letting me know that I'm missing presets and it may not sound as intended. I can make things work to some degree...meaning when flipping through...guitar tones do change...however I would like them to sound "as they were intended"....Bass on the other hand does absolutely nothing when using amp 3 as a plug in on that track. meaning clicking through options and nothing changes at all. I'd bet a snickers bar Im screwing something up...or I have misunderstood what I get for the $99...anyhoo...anyone of you fine patrons willing to give a dumb dumb a hand?
crashboxstudios

msdaniel924

Re: Pre-set warning?!

Postby garfy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:26 am

Hello msdaniel924 and welcome to the forum.

I suspect that the preset warning is coming up as you might have the standard version of AT3 installed, without some (or all) of the add-on packs, such as AmpliTube Orange, Fender Collection etc. It's been a few years since I've used AT3 so I can't recall if there is a menu of presets specific to AT3, but someone will hopefully chime in with better knowledge.

As to why the sound doesn't change on your bass tracks - that's got me stumped. If it changes your guitar it should change the bass as well. Perhaps a ticket into support will give you better answers. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling