AT4 PLUG-IN DAW controller mapping

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT4 PLUG-IN DAW controller mapping

Postby BobF3 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

As a VST plug-in, NOT stand-alone.

How?

GR5? No problem! GTR? No problem! Ampire? No problem!
NF Rock Amp Legends? No Problem!

AT4? No way!

IK, got any docs on this? AT4 is my goto, but it can be quite frustrating.

Interestingly, other IKM plugs have no problem with controls being mapped to keyboard/controller knobs & buttons.
BobF3

Re: AT4 PLUG-IN DAW controller mapping

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 08, 2018 12:30 pm

AmpliTube User Manual / Chapter 14 covers Automation in detail.

There are 16 plug-in parameters made visible to the host DAW for automation. You need to assign the actual AmpliTube parameters to those plug-in parameters first.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BobF3 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Thanks. I don't want automation. I want to push buttons/turn knobs on my controller and have AT4 respond accordingly.
BobF3

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm

To me, that is automation.

Assign the AmpliTube parameters to some of those 16 visible parameters; then in my DAW host I assign my MIDI controller knobs / sliders to those visible parameters. Just like in SampleTank 3, for example.

I must be misunderstanding something.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BobF3 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm sure I'm the one missing something ... that's the reason I asked for docs. The AT4 guide doesn't get me there.

It probably comes down to me trying to map controls that are part of a keyboard/controller assigned as such to the DAW. I do NOT have a separate controller dedicated to AT4.

Compare with TR5 White Channel as an example. When I "touch" a WC knob, the DAW recognizes it and is able to participate in a MIDI Learn. AT4 is obviously wired differently.

I have a single knob on my LX61+ mapped to the output level control of each of the sims in the OP. As focus changes, the knob follows along and controls the sim that has focus.

The difference I've seen from my experiments is that each of them exposes knowledge of its own controls to the DAW so that the DAW can route messages accordingly. AT4 has to be configured internally.

I'm not claiming this is a bug ... an unfortunate design decision perhaps.

I've read the guide. I've searched this and other forums. This topic is not rare and appears to have mixed results for different users. That's the reason I requested docs from IK to get solid info on integration of AT4 in a studio environment, without the need for dedicated MIDI hardware.

Thanks for chiming in, but I doubt what I want to do is possible with AT
BobF3

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling