Why So Many "Preset Warning"s ??

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Why So Many "Preset Warning"s ??

Postby jmgsky » Tue May 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I bought the full version of Amplitube 3 and it was ok until I just bought a new high-end DAW PC and installed it on that. I installed the 3.5.2 update. Why, if I have the full version, am I getting so many popups saying "Preset Warning. The current preset uses models that are not installed..." ???
Is this because I downloaded and installed the new version rather than install my original boxed version and then applied the update?
jmgsky

Re: Why So Many "Preset Warning"s ??

Postby brianbane » Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 pm

When you registered it, did you use your original AmpliTube 3 serial number that begins with 'ATX30' or the new AmpliTube Custom Shop FREE serial number that begins with 'ACS30'?
brianbane
1K Club

Postby jmgsky » Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 pm

If I click the 'padlock' symbol to get the popup that tells me the serial number, it shows the ATX30 number of the copy I bought a few months ago, so that seems ok?
But was it ok just to install 3.5.2 exe without first reinstalling my original, i.e. is 3.5.2 incremental or complete?

John
jmgsky

Postby jmgsky » Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Ok, I reinstalled my original disk and then applied each successive update: 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.5.1 and 3.5.2.
And I still have lots of "Preset Warning. The current preset uses models that are not installed..." So why is this please ???

I clicked on the Browser button, then double clicked on the rows and a counted 60 of the above warnings before giving up at Arp... So I seem to be missing an awful lot of presets. I don't understand, when I thought I purchased a complete product. :?
jmgsky

Postby brianbane » Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 am

Are the models in your Gear drop down menu active?
I'm talking about the menu on the gear interface where you find American Tube Clean 1. Everything in the AmpliTube 3 section of the menu should be available. Are they, or are they greyed out with a lock next to them?

Also, when are you getting this preset error message? Where are you loading these presets from?
What are some of the models it is saying aren't installed?
brianbane
1K Club

Postby jmgsky » Wed May 11, 2011 8:08 am

Gear drop down: if you mean the menus in the first picture below, then that is ok, there or none that are greyed out.
The second picture shows what happens when I click the Browser button and all presets are sorted in numerical then alphabetical order. The first five presets are ok and the first warning popup appears if I double click to select '15 Rock'. See picture. The next warnings occur when I select '50s romance' (three down), '50s Vibe'. The next two are ok, and so on.

jmgsky

Postby integratron » Wed May 11, 2011 5:06 pm

These models are not included in the full version of AT3. 8-) 8-)
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby jmgsky » Wed May 11, 2011 6:11 pm

So where are they included? Shouldn't a 'full' version have everything included: that's the usual connotation of the words 'full version' in the English language... :?
jmgsky

Postby dnr » Wed May 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Because you have to pay for Ampeg and Fender as separate packages.
Or I suppose through custom shop.
dnr

Postby integratron » Wed May 11, 2011 8:24 pm

dnr wrote:Because you have to pay for Ampeg and Fender as separate packages.
Or I suppose through custom shop.

There are unique models in JH and Ampeg (and perhaps metal as well) that are only available in these bundles. :mrgreen:
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby brianbane » Wed May 11, 2011 11:53 pm

The gear menu I was talking about is this:

This is where you can see which individual gear models you have installed, and which ones you don't.
From this image, you can see that there are separate menus, one for AmpliTube 3 (which for you should be fully unlocked), and also menus for officially certified models from our co-branding partners such as Fender, Ampeg, and Orange. These are not part of the AmpliTube 3 package, but rather later additions we have added to be purchased separately.

In this example, only 2 Fender models are purchased and installed. The rest are greyed out, locked, and otherwise unavailable. The locked models can be unlocked for a 48 hour trial period for free, or purchased with Gear Credits. Both are done through the new Custom Shop. Simply click the locked model you want to try or buy in the menu, and you will be taken to it in the Custom Shop application.

I hope this clears it up for you. :)
brianbane
1K Club

Postby jmgsky » Thu May 12, 2011 9:23 am

Got it! Thanks.

John
jmgsky

Postby zerocrossing » Mon May 16, 2011 3:42 pm

I got this warning yesterday... about a mic. Yet I seemed to have the mic it was complaining about and I own Amplitube 3.5, Amplitube Metal, Amplitube Jimi Hendrix, Amplitube Fender and Amplitube SVX... do I not have them all unlocked? I'll check into this more later.
zerocrossing

Postby brianbane » Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 am

Which mic was it, zerocrossing? The SM57 perchance?
I recall someone else having a similar issue with that one.
Keep us posted on this so we can get to the bottom of it ASAP.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby zerocrossing » Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

brianbane wrote:Which mic was it, zerocrossing? The SM57 perchance?
I recall someone else having a similar issue with that one.
Keep us posted on this so we can get to the bottom of it ASAP.

If memory serves, I think it was that one... yet I think I seem to have it anyway. I'll look at it tonight.
zerocrossing

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling