Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Soulpowergtr wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
Soulpowergtr wrote:Q: I have an Axe IO Solo coming this week from Amazon, it comes with the AmpliTube 4 Deluxe. How do I get the AmpliTube 5 SE since I purchased after OCT 15?

Once you register your AXE I/O serial number, you will have AmpliTube 5 SE in your IK User Area / IK Product Manager.

Thanks Peter, should be here by Friday.

Does installing 5 replace 4 (MAC OS)?

No, AmpliTube 5 is a completely separate installation. This is so your previous projects do not suddenly sound different. Even better is different, and people may be very upset if their mixes suddenly sound different than they had sounded just a day before. I know I'm in the camp of "I forgot to print/bounce/freeze those tracks to avoid this" so I'm fond of the separate install when there is such a big difference sonically.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Soulpowergtr » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:22 pm

No, AmpliTube 5 is a completely separate installation. This is so your previous projects do not suddenly sound different. Even better is different, and people may be very upset if their mixes suddenly sound different than they had sounded just a day before. I know I'm in the camp of "I forgot to print/bounce/freeze those tracks to avoid this" so I'm fond of the separate install when there is such a big difference sonically.

Beautiful thanks for all the details and thanks for responding so quickly. Cant wait!
Soulpowergtr

Postby Bscur1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Has Amplitube 5 been released yet today? I saw the 15th was the date, but my products page doesn't show Amplitube 5 after registering the AXE I/O. Just checking.
Thanks
Bscur1

Postby ponokirk » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Soulpowergtr wrote:

Beautiful thanks for all the details and thanks for responding so quickly. Cant wait!

Hello,

Does this mean that any collections will need to be reinstalled as well? Do we uninstall 4 before installing 5?
ponokirk

Postby Damagical » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Today is the 15th right? Is it still being released today? Not that it really matters for me, sick as a dog today and waiting results of a covid test from the hospital yesterday. But hey- Whether or not I can use it right now, it will still be something to do on my laptop and I can still try it out on some pre-recorded guitars.
Damagical

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
vincentlugo wrote:lol hurry ik release it already... RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! :lol:

We expect to release AmpliTube 5 tomorrow early afternoon Italy time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby acousticglue » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:06 pm

I dont see it, where is it?
acousticglue

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:20 pm

Again, posted this earlier today in this very thread... Second requote... C'mon folks
Peter_IK wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
vincentlugo wrote:lol hurry ik release it already... RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! :lol:

We expect to release AmpliTube 5 tomorrow early afternoon Italy time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby acousticglue » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:38 pm

Johnny Ringo: "I was only foolin about". Doc Holliday: "I wasn't"
acousticglue

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:46 pm

acousticglue wrote:Johnny Ringo: "I was only foolin about". Doc Holliday: "I wasn't"

It was between requoting and a vision joke but since I just got my first ever pair of glasses at the age of 50 I felt the vision joke hit too close to home :twisted:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:51 pm

bscur1 wrote:Has Amplitube 5 been released yet today? I saw the 15th was the date, but my products page doesn't show Amplitube 5 after registering the AXE I/O. Just checking.
Thanks

The expected date is the afternoon of 16 December in Italy (it will still be the 15th somewhere).

ponokirk wrote:Hello,
Does this mean that any collections will need to be reinstalled as well? Do we uninstall 4 before installing 5?

Nope, you may well need to do a Gear > Restore my Gear (or something similar) in the new Custom Shop.

Nope, keep AT4 installed for your existing projects. AT5 does NOT replace AT4 on disk or in your projects.

acousticglue wrote:I dont see it, where is it?

It is not yet the afternoon of the 16th in Italy
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Damagical » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:16 am

So we blame it on the Italians
Damagical

Postby The_Rocker » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:19 am

Not sure where in Italy, but Rome, Italy is 9 hours ahead of San Diego CA.
;) Conversion for USA and Italy.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 215&p2=770

Not sure what the panic button for the release is all about.
Should be less than 12 hrs away from release. Probably more like 6 hrs or so.. lol
May the Devs eat a feast, drink their fill, and celebrate their accomplishment of a product we love :D
It's so good, most have bought unseen!!! 'nough said :D
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 am

Nobody is to blame. Software releases are prone to minor delays, I see now why we should have stuck to "Q4" based on many responses.

Also, it is not six hours - in our Italian office it won't be early afternoon for more than 12 hours... But again, don't set your clocks for anything specific. AmpliTube 5 will be ready at the right time to release not at a specific artificial chased date and time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Damagical » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:58 am

Sometimes you have to read between the lines...

Peter_IK may well have wrote:Nobody is to blame. *Or the Italians* Software releases are prone to minor delays, I see now why we should have stuck to "Q4" based on many responses.

Also, it is not six hours - in our Italian office it won't be early afternoon for more than 12
hours... *It's the Italians* But again, don't set your clocks for anything specific. AmpliTube 5 will be ready at the right time to release not at a specific artificial chased date and time. *It's the Italians*
Damagical

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling