Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby BLuzJW91 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:15 am

vcssound@yahoo.com wrote:I am a simple man.

I would truly love a global noise gate so I don't need to program a gate into every single preset. And I would love it if the reverb was able to be bypassed with a non-midi footswitch. With the inclusion of the tuner, I could just gig with the Tonex pedal only if I had those two features. It would be a game changer. Thank you!

This, please!
BLuzJW91

Postby BLuzJW91 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:27 am

lord-of-fire wrote:Beeing new to ToneX I am not quite sure, wheter or not this the right sub forum for my question. But to have one correct point here I would like to point out that I miss DI out on the Pedal. Would be a great addition for a future hardware version.

My question is about MIDI. So far I have learned that it is possible and quite easy to program a MIDI controller so it can call presets stored on the ToneX pedal. Having a FCB1010 I was thinking about the expression pedals on it. The question I did not yet find an answer to is: Can I use the two expression pedals via MIDI to control volume an more importantly a (virtual) wah?

I'm pretty sure you can use a MIDI controller/expression to control the MODELVOL parameter by sending CC#103 according to the manual. It will linearly divide the range of MODELVOL (I think 0-10) over the 0-127 range.

Currently, the full size Tonex also has a expression pedal input that can control volume.
BLuzJW91

Postby Bobbyj88662 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:59 am

I know it's been said before, but I would like syncing and import of presets to iPadOS --so I can have the same as on MacBook on a iPad or iPhone. Probably never happen, but one can hope...
Bobbyj88662

Postby lord-of-fire » Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:31 pm

BLuzJW91 wrote:I'm pretty sure you can use a MIDI controller/expression to control the MODELVOL parameter by sending CC#103 according to the manual. It will linearly divide the range of MODELVOL (I think 0-10) over the 0-127 range.

Currently, the full size Tonex also has a expression pedal input that can control volume.

I know the pedal has an expression input. But I do not (yet) have an expression pedal I could use to test. Will borrow one from my guitarist in case he brings it to rehearsal tomorrow.

I must have overlooked the volume parameter, but will test that, too.

Remains the question regarding wah. Is there any preset or capture with a wah I could control using a midi expression pedal?
I believe I have seen the Morley PowerFuzzWah that I use as a physical pedal. But I am not sure wheter that was in Amplitube or ToneX.
lord-of-fire

Postby Ni6htWalker » Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:11 pm

please add the option to Tonex app to make subfolders to organize tonex captures for example something like this.

Ni6htWalker

Postby Jamesdes » Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:38 am

When connecting your computer to the Tonex One, can we have the option to disable the loaded preset playback?

This way we can play and test Tonex software presets to the AMP without the loaded preset playing at the same time.

This way we can test Tonex presets before loading them into the pedal.

Thank you;
Jamesdes

Postby robhellenius0 » Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:32 pm

Why can’t the iOS/iPadOS app have the librarian features as well? I use my phone for practice way more than my desktop computer. It’s a pain in the butt to have to change the settings for the pedal by going from my living room where I practice to my office where I work. This would make not having a screen on the ToneX One quite workable, whereas right now I can never tell what model is in memory. Another annoyance that this would help with is that sometimes I want direct monitoring and sometimes I don’t. Right now if I decide I want to change that setting, I have to unplug from my rig in my living room and hook up to my computer in my office, make the change, unplug from that and then plug back into the living room rig.
robhellenius0

Postby davidaustin777 » Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:21 pm

Please add the functionality to:

Save template(s) that can be Saved and Recalled in the "Tone Model Info", "Edit Tone Model Info" and "Audio Setup and Rig Connections" dialog boxes.

This would allow you to enter the information, save as a template then on the tone model you create with the same Amp or Pedal combination, recall the info and it populates the fields, then you can make edits to change one or two fields/text you changed on the Tone Model, eliminating the need to retype the entire form.

Thanks!
davidaustin777

Postby nikohatz » Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:10 am

we really need a hi/low cut on tonex. it's difficult shape the tone without it.
nikohatz

Postby nikohatz » Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:13 am

a volume control to the VIR. it downs the overall volume of the tone and we can't resolve it without a volume control.
nikohatz

Postby babserik » Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:44 am

Please make it so the Modeler can save a bunch of captures before processing them. Obviously, It is very loud to make the captures with a microphone so it would be great to be able to do all the loud captures during the day and then have the computer process the captures overnight using a queue that processes one after another. Then in the morning you could go to your queue and do all the naming and adding skins etc to the processed captures. Thanks
babserik

Postby Xoutremer » Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:18 pm

Maybe it's just me but I really like it as it is.
It works for me. It isn't menu after menu. It sounds great.
what I'd really appreciate is an option to choose output levels for instrument or line.

Otherwise the pedal is great.
Xoutremer

Postby qazqazQAZ1 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:21 pm

I would really like the Tonex Pedal to be able to send two signals out, one with cab sim/IR and the other output without cab sim/ir.

I want to use the Tonex pedal live and send one output to the front of house with a cab sim and the other output to my pedal power amp and real cab. At the moment, my only solution is to buy an additional IR loader pedal for this.
qazqazQAZ1

Postby DetlefDinger98 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:06 am

Capturing now and then processing later would help immensely in the studio.

The ability to capture the settings of an amp during a recording session to have them in case you need to come back later and fix things is a really valuable backup of tones. But I can't expect the client to wait for an hour for the training to finish every time we change amp setting, especially if it's just as a failsafe.

Batch training at a later time would fix this problem.

I am super happy with the pedal overall though
DetlefDinger98

Postby dlmatera1994 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:18 pm

A few requests as someone who does production/mixing

-Can we please get an updated EQ section? Either more bands or more range (+- db) for the current settings? Most captures are too bright.. even with presence and trebble all the way down on the ToneX- I can easily fix this post-production with EQ, but it would be nice if we could have more control in the pedal. This would greatly help those of us who dont have a fancy amp to capture, we have to rely on the captures from others amps that are often not set up for our rig. I imagine this would be very easy to implement!

-at least on my tonex, the encoders stop working if you turn too fast, this makes it hard to adjust VIR cabinets, where there is a lot of scrolling needed to go from 100% mic1 blend to 100% mix 2 for ex
dlmatera1994

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling