Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby nevillesingular » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Quick question - anyone know which variant of the JCM800 has been modelled?
RATLINES by Stuart Neville - Your country or your conscience? January 2013

"It's a belter." - Ian Rankin, "Simply superb." - Mark Billingham
nevillesingular

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
emurphy94108 wrote:
The speakers and cabs are sold together at this time. There is no speaker category in Custom Shop as there are no speakers sold a la carte at this time so if you want a speaker, it would be coupled with the appropriate cabinet.

Good thing virtual speaker cabinets don't take up as much room as the other kind do. :-)

Any idea as to when a model reference chart for speakers is going to be prepared? I really liked being able to look up, say, the American Vintage T amp and find out what it was modeled on.

I agree with that first point - I have a thing for speaker cabs of all shapes, sizes, and "quality" (in the ear of the beholder and on a per-project basis ;) ) so I - and my back - feel you on that one.

I do not know more about any plans to post a reference chart at this time, I had relayed the request though.

For now, see page 104 of the "AmpliTube 4 Deluxe Gear Models" pdf. It has the model listing of the cabinets and what they are based on....done deal. For other info, page 42 has the stomp model list, page 72 has the amplifier model list, and page 119 has the microphone model list. That's about as good as I can personally find.
Savage1969

Postby nevillesingular » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Savage1969 wrote:For now, see page 104 of the "AmpliTube 4 Deluxe Gear Models" pdf. It has the model listing of the cabinets and what they are based on....done deal. For other info, page 42 has the stomp model list, page 72 has the amplifier model list, and page 119 has the microphone model list. That's about as good as I can personally find.

Is there a link for that file anywhere?

nevillesingular

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:57 pm

nevillesingular wrote:

On my windows install, all the pdf's are located at C\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4
Savage1969

Postby marqom » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
emurphy94108 wrote:Regarding speakers (which seems to be a hot topic) and the Custom Shop: when I come across a speaker that isn't included in my gear, I get a dialog asking if I'd like to activate it through the Custom Shop. If I say yes, the Custom Shop launches, but then takes me to a speaker cabinet, not the speaker I want to buy.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a speaker category in the Custom Shop. Is this something that just hasn't been implemented on the backend yet?

The speakers and cabs are sold together at this time. There is no speaker category in Custom Shop as there are no speakers sold a la carte at this time so if you want a speaker, it would be coupled with the appropriate cabinet.

I don't understand. I find the advertisement misleading. Direct quote from the Amplitube 4 page "AmpliTube 4 comes with 29 precisely modeled speaker emulations of some of the most popular speakers in cabinets today, with more available in the AmpliTube Custom shop." However it does not come with 29 speakers, you have to buy many of them separately. If I try to choose some of them it directs me to custom shop to buy them. I think all of 29 speakers should be available to all AT4 buyers, because the product page says so.

I think it is also a bit weird that it was advertised that the pre-ordering is a really good limited time offering. However when the software is released there are better deals available (like the AT4 + MESA bundle). Better not pre-order anything in the future.

I really like the software, but I find the advertisement was misleading and I am not happy about it.
marqom

Postby frazzman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Mind blowing and short sighted from IK... Can't demo the new Amps! What's the point having a demo if you can't try out the main features? As a demo all you've given us is practically a new GUI for Version 3.

If I could actually try the new Amps I would get a chance to decide if I like them and then go ahead with a purchase. Given that I have no way to test the product I won't be purchasing it.
frazzman

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:14 pm

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE 29 SPEAKERS ISSUE:
It was definitely a glitch/misconfiguration (Custom Shop is fairly complex on the back end, unfortunately in this case). Yes, 29 speaker models are supposed to be included in AmpliTube 4. We're working on the fix and will have it done in a few of days (unless you want to fly me to Italy to "bribe" some folks at HQ ;)). Thanks for your patience.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neutronic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes, 29 speaker models are supposed to be included in AmpliTube 4.

Wait a minute, you mean we don't have to buy any additional speakers and all of them should/will be unlocked from the get go for every AT4 owner?
neutronic

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:42 pm

neutronic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Yes, 29 speaker models are supposed to be included in AmpliTube 4.

Wait a minute, you mean we don't have to buy any additional speakers and all of them should/will be unlocked from the get go for every AT4 owner?

Well now, if I new we'd get all the speakers from the cabs, I wouldn't have bought all the cabs...oh boy, what a mess this is.
Savage1969

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:58 pm

neutronic wrote:

Yes as has been stated on the web page, the 29 speakers we said were included will appear correctly for AmpliTube 4 users.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nevillesingular » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Savage1969 wrote:
nevillesingular wrote:

On my windows install, all the pdf's are located at C\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4

Alas, I'm on a Mac, so don't have that folder. I'll have a bit of a dig, see if I can find it.

nevillesingular

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:03 pm

nevillesingular wrote:
Savage1969 wrote:
nevillesingular wrote:

Alas, I'm on a Mac, so don't have that folder. I'll have a bit of a dig, see if I can find it.

This FAQ details the location of IK manuals installed: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:08 pm

Savage1969 wrote:
neutronic wrote:

Well now, if I new we'd get all the speakers from the cabs, I wouldn't have bought all the cabs...oh boy, what a mess this is.

The site has stated 29 speakers were included. AmpliTube 4 is properly including them once fixed. I don't see how your purchase of the AmpliTube All-In Bundle which includes far more than just "all the cabs" is considered a mess. You have a huge suite of gear which will run in AmpliTube 4 as well (including AmpliTube 3, AmpliTube Fender, AmpliTube Orange, Ampeg SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary, and AmpliTube Slash). Sounds like the only mess is what to play through first, most, and for how long!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neutronic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes as has been stated on the web page, the 29 speakers we said were included will appear correctly for AmpliTube 4 users.

Now this is cool. Thank you for sorting it out! :D
neutronic

Postby bobporri » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:23 pm

I've only had a short time to play around with AT4 but holy cow!, the new British amps sound great!
bobporri

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling