Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Coming October 29!!!

Postby joflo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Legacy Preset Import seems not to work? Every time i want to perform that option i can choose the root folder and determine the legacy folder................... and then my system freezes :o
joflo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:20 pm

joflo wrote:Legacy Preset Import seems not to work? Every time i want to perform that option i can choose the root folder and determine the legacy folder................... and then my system freezes :o

Please report the details of your issue to the IK support team and I'm sure they can assist you directly http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joflo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:24 pm

AT4 seems to have at least another great bug:

if i'm trying to change the stock JCM8000 Crunch-Preset and Save it -at least with the same Name- the Amp Model will automatically change to the American Tube 1, the Cab to the 4x10 and the Mixer will have a strong DI Signal mixed in.

I tried it several times and its allways the same.

On the JMP-Model i saved a changed Preset (Lead) without any problems. But because of the above issue i'm afraid to change anything on the other Presets, because i don't want to lose them.

Any way to restore the stock Presets?

And maybe anybody can confirm the above issue?
joflo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:35 pm

It would be best to have support try to recreate your issue too: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Edit - also note that I cannot recreate this behavior.

Also, I would never overwrite base presets, please always Save As if you don't want to lose the original. You can reinstall AT4 to get the base presets back but I'd back up any you made yourself
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mv2112 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Oh dear, initial excitement over the speaker swaps is instantly nullified by each speaker type being chargeable (thats NOT how this was sold to us), on top of none of the old gear being updated, and NO NEW BASS AMPS - in fact no bass amp at all other than the 'free' one from AT3 which I've already paid for.

Unhappy customer at first try, will be giving it 48 hours to consider whether or not a refund is in order.

<edit post 4.0.1 release>
Thanks for doing the right thing here IK around the speaker feature, and also thank you for a great product, I'm glad i didn't let the initial disappointment cloud my judgement as the new miking and cab options in AT4 feel more like you are recording 'virtual moving air', as opposed to AT3 which now sounds like recording a 'virtual line-out' in comparison.

Great work and once the minor new release issues are worked through then i see this as a solid workhorse plugin for many years on the 6string guitar front.
Last edited by mv2112 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mv2112

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:36 pm

mfv2112 wrote:Oh dear, initial excitement over the speaker swaps is instantly nullified by each speaker type being chargeable (thats NOT how this was sold to us), on top of none of the old gear being updated, and NO NEW BASS AMPS - in fact no bass amp at all other than the 'free' one from AT3 which I've already paid for.

Unhappy customer at first try, will be giving it 48 hours to consider whether or not a refund is in order.

We have stated that it is 12" speakers that are swappable (unless I'm misunderstanding but we also have had videos showing the cab room features posted for a while too) and the exact gear included has been listed on our web site for a long while now.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dallasn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Tap Tempo??????
dallasn

Postby mv2112 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
mfv2112 wrote:Oh dear, initial excitement over the speaker swaps is instantly nullified by each speaker type being chargeable (thats NOT how this was sold to us), on top of none of the old gear being updated, and NO NEW BASS AMPS - in fact no bass amp at all other than the 'free' one from AT3 which I've already paid for.

We have stated that it is 12" speakers that are swappable (unless I'm misunderstanding but we also have had videos showing the cab room features posted for a while too) and the exact gear included has been listed on our web site for a long while now.

Not the exact 12" speakers - people have been asking that up to the release, along with what were the included cabs and amps - you've been good and clear on the those, but the speakers not so much since I last visited the thread.

In fairness to yourselves though I do see and understand (now from having a play around) that 29 is a large number, but I just think this has been poorly communicated if this is how it is. At 5 more 'yet another marshall amps' I can't be sure I'd have purchased and would have bought an Eden WTDI instead or even a competing plugin (especially one with better bass amp options which admittedly I was until I saw this 6string related feature).

Perhaps I got over-excited... please at least consider updating your wording regardless of my case on the product page as it is somewhat misleading in my opinion (e.g., state its 29 out of many more Custom Shop options for example)
mv2112

Postby carltonec » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but there is no way to demo the new amps? I downloaded Amplitube 4, but would like to try the new models before I decide to purchase.
carltonec

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:29 pm

carltonec wrote:Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but there is no way to demo the new amps? I downloaded Amplitube 4, but would like to try the new models before I decide to purchase.

These new amps are not available a la carte thus are not available to try in Custom Shop at this time. This has been something that is being assessed for a future update, but at this time you will not be able to demo the five new amps.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carltonec » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:43 pm

Okay, thanks for the quick reply.
carltonec

Postby Darth_dB » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 am

Peter_IK wrote:
Darth_dB wrote:I've just installed AT4, have yet to try it, but it looks great :)

However, I do have one question. It is stated on the product page, there are 29 speakers included with the product. However, at least on my system, some speakers are greyed out and I am prompted to go to custom shop, to buy cabs with those speakers. So basically, there are less than 29 individual speaker models included... Or am I missing something?

Did you count the speakers that were available? Some, like Orange cabs and other licensed collections for example, would not be included unless you had those cabs.

Of course I counted them! There are 29 speakers available in the menu, some of them are not available because I haven't got the cabs they belong to. The Amplitube gear page, and a few other places on your website clearly state 29 individual speakers are included with Amplitube 4. So obviously what is being marketed is not the same as what is being sold. I did really just initially ask about this, hoping there will be some kind of explanation for this, but I guess there isn't one, or (again) is it?

On the other hand, so far I would simply say Amplitube 4 sounds great, so congrats :)
Darth_dB

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:47 am

^^^^^ quoted from previous page
DarkStar wrote:As I understand it, there are 10 cabinets, but you can choose from 29 different speakers to put inside them.
AmpliTube 4 delivers the ability for you to swap out individual speakers in a speaker cabinet, a software first! Choose from 29 individual precisely modelled vintage and modern 12" guitar cabinet speakers.

More details here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... cs-cabroom
under "Individual Speaker Selection"
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby 2550marshall » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:53 am

Just did a quick run thru with AT4. Awesome Job Guys!
Finally some Marshall gear that sounds like a Marshall!!
Got to go play some more, see you later!
Thanks!!
2550marshall

Postby joflo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:45 am

Although i like the sound of the new stuff, me too i was believing -because of advertising- that there are at least 29 differnt Speakers to choose from although there are only 5 (new) Cabinets included. But for a pitty most of them are greyed out.

On top of my above stated problems or bugs AT4 even has some trouble in recognizing my Line6 UX1 Interface, which AT3 (free) definatiley had not.

Which gets me to the next point (AT3 free):

i'm surprised now directly AFTER AT4 Release there are 2 new packages available in my Custom Shop: AT4 Deluxe and AT4 Mesa Boogie. Both are at least at a very discounted Price compared to the single collections.

But for a pitty its unavailable now for me, cause i bought AT4 already. Maybe -if advertised before- i would have liked to buy one of these packages instead of AT4 alone?

And that gets me still to another point:

i understand AT3 was first and then came AT3 free, so its logic there may be stuff of AT3 not available in the free Version. But: as i understand, AT4 is a totally new programmed Version. So why in many many presets you still need stuff that is NOT included in AT4 and greyed out? Thats annoying!

I'm a first time customer to IK but your business-model somehow keeps me kind of disattracted, sorry. :roll:
joflo

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling