Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Coming October 29!!!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:31 pm

n2mpujack wrote:As to cab room - that's stellar that happens. At least the speakers won't catch fire. Don't laugh as I've seen that happen quite a few times. Maybe that's why one of the speaker manufacturers has a hemp coned model 8-)

On that topic, that's an awesome speaker - I use it with my Fender Blues Junior. I've already requested that we model it and their Texas Heat and a few others :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nevillesingular » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:32 pm

n2mpujack wrote:There is a way to import your personal presets. It's called legacy preset import. Fairly simple to do and will import all presets in a folder. I just did it. AT3 material is now called legacy.

Ah, you're quite right, I don't know how I missed that! Cheers.
RATLINES by Stuart Neville - Your country or your conscience? January 2013

"It's a belter." - Ian Rankin, "Simply superb." - Mark Billingham
nevillesingular

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
n2mpujack wrote:As to cab room - that's stellar that happens. At least the speakers won't catch fire. Don't laugh as I've seen that happen quite a few times. Maybe that's why one of the speaker manufacturers has a hemp coned model 8-)

On that topic, that's an awesome speaker - I use it with my Fender Blues Junior. I've already requested that we model it and their Texas Heat and a few others :)

I'd be in on that in a heartbeat. I need to replace the speaker in my Marshall DSL401 (the original version) and I'd like something other than the standard Celestion models. Eminence makes some neat product that is sort of the Rodney Dangerfield of guitar speakers - no respect.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby nevillesingular » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Another quick observation, and again I may be missing something - my Stealthpedal is working fine as an audio input but not as a controller, either switching the wah on or rocking it. Might be a setting somewhere I have to dig out, but I seem to remember in A3 this just worked out of the box.
RATLINES by Stuart Neville - Your country or your conscience? January 2013

"It's a belter." - Ian Rankin, "Simply superb." - Mark Billingham
nevillesingular

Postby emurphy94108 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Is there a user manual for AT 4 yet? I didn't see one in the .zip file, nor did I see a link to the manual in the user area.
emurphy94108

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:19 pm

emurphy94108 wrote:Is there a user manual for AT 4 yet? I didn't see one in the .zip file, nor did I see a link to the manual in the user area.

There is a folder for AmpliTube 4 documentation in the typical location where manuals are installed. You can see the details about where manuals are installed in this FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

You'll likely be most interested in the "What's new in AmpliTube 4" PDF in that folder.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emurphy94108 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Okay, so it's contained in the .pkg file? So I guess I have to, you know, actually install the software to see it? :-)
emurphy94108

Postby Darth_dB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:23 pm

I've just installed AT4, have yet to try it, but it looks great :)

However, I do have one question. It is stated on the product page, there are 29 speakers included with the product. However, at least on my system, some speakers are greyed out and I am prompted to go to custom shop, to buy cabs with those speakers. So basically, there are less than 29 individual speaker models included... Or am I missing something?
Darth_dB

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:25 pm

nevillesingular wrote:Another quick observation, and again I may be missing something - my Stealthpedal is working fine as an audio input but not as a controller, either switching the wah on or rocking it. Might be a setting somewhere I have to dig out, but I seem to remember in A3 this just worked out of the box.

You would need to use StealthPedal as a MIDI controller. You should have access to the StealthPedal MIDI app in your IK User Area
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Darth_dB wrote:I've just installed AT4, have yet to try it, but it looks great :)

However, I do have one question. It is stated on the product page, there are 29 speakers included with the product. However, at least on my system, some speakers are greyed out and I am prompted to go to custom shop, to buy cabs with those speakers. So basically, there are less than 29 individual speaker models included... Or am I missing something?

Did you count the speakers that were available? Some, like Orange cabs and other licensed collections for example, would not be included unless you had those cabs.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:32 pm

As I understand it, there are 10 cabinets, but you can choose from 29 different speakers to put inside them.
AmpliTube 4 delivers the ability for you to swap out individual speakers in a speaker cabinet, a software first! Choose from 29 individual precisely modelled vintage and modern 12" guitar cabinet speakers.

More details here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... cs-cabroom
under "Individual Speaker Selection"
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby emurphy94108 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:51 pm

I looked through all the docs that come with AT4, and didn't find a listing of speaker models. Does IK have such a list somewhere? Or are they described in the interface (I haven't actually launched the app yet).
emurphy94108

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:09 pm

emurphy94108 wrote:I looked through all the docs that come with AT4, and didn't find a listing of speaker models. Does IK have such a list somewhere? Or are they described in the interface (I haven't actually launched the app yet).

I don't have a listing with descriptions but in the actual product I see:
American 12C, American 12K, American Alnico, Brit 75, Brit Alnico B, Brit Alnico G, American Bulldog, Brit Vintage 8, Brit Vintage 16A, Brit Alnico 5, Brit Darkness, Brit T12G, Brit Vintage 16B, Brit Anniversary 1, Brit Anniversary 2, Brit Green, CV GT12-16, California Red, Brit Silver, Brit V3, Brit 100, EV Darkness, HiAmp, Jazz 12, Brit 80, Brit V2, Brit V1, Metal V 1200, Silver Alnico
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MarlinsCanesCop86 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:44 pm

With the speakers, is there anywhere to see what model they are based on?

I'm wondering if the Elctro Voice Evm12L is one of them.

Edit: just saw where Peter said he didn't have the descriptions. Hopefully the website gets updated fairly soon with the info.
MarlinsCanesCop86

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
emurphy94108 wrote:Is there a user manual for AT 4 yet? I didn't see one in the .zip file, nor did I see a link to the manual in the user area.

There is a folder for AmpliTube 4 documentation in the typical location where manuals are installed. You can see the details about where manuals are installed in this FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

You'll likely be most interested in the "What's new in AmpliTube 4" PDF in that folder.

Never mind; IK web response real slowwwwwwwwwwww
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling