Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Also, you would need to confirm with IK Multimedia that uninstalling AT3 does NOT remove all your AT3 gear from AT4. it shouldn't but check first.

And uninstalling AT3 may only save a small amount of disk space. In this position I would consider just renaming the dll file so that the DAW does not see it (and it's still around if you find you need it).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby drchek » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Would be a nice surprise if it came out a day earlier! ;)
drchek

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:55 pm

drchek wrote:Would be a nice surprise if it came out a day earlier! ;)

It is slated to be released October 29, 2015 but the preorder pricing will last through October 31, 2015: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=604
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby drchek » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh, I already preordered. I just can't stand the wait. :D
drchek

Postby miraik2 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Peter,

Any news on the speaker models? I just don't understand why you would list ever amp head, cabinet head and other AT4 spec, yet keep all 29 speaker models a mystery.

Thanks.
miraik2

Postby zenaxe » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Will AT4 allow screen resizing or a 2x zoom mode or something? AT3 is so small on my Thunderbolt display that it is barely usable. Revalver and some other products that use rendered interfaces at least allow a 2x scaled version for when the laptop is docked. Its frustrating that IK has spent all this effort making AT look so nice and it is gorgeous on a tiny laptop screen but it doesn't scale in even a simple fashion for those who use high end hardware displays.
zenaxe

Postby n2mpujack » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:00 pm

DarkStar wrote:Also, you would need to confirm with IK Multimedia that uninstalling AT3 does NOT remove all your AT3 gear from AT4. it shouldn't but check first.

And uninstalling AT3 may only save a small amount of disk space. In this position I would consider just renaming the dll file so that the DAW does not see it (and it's still around if you find you need it).

I would keep AT3 installed if possible when installing AT4. That way when you re-visit a piece using AT3 (and you most certainly will at some point) your daw s/w won't barf when you try and open it.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Coming October 29!!!

Postby Savage1969 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:09 am

Dear Santa, it's IK October Christmas morning but your proverbial cookies are still on the plate and I see nothing under the tree. Were you going to show up 10/29/15 or 10/29/16?
Savage1969

Postby dancairney » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:14 am

Hey folks, just a clue .STOP WHINING. Does anybody remember when an amp cost 300.00? Or a SINGLE keyboard could run you 1200.00? Do you remember cords, hum, hiss, feedback, bad uncontrollable distortion, burnt tubes, a zillion effects that turned out sounding like animal abuse? Get real. How many trips to the local music shop that didn't stock your beloved gear, Or waiting a month for it to come in? Think. FIVE Marshalls for a hundred bucks PLUS cabs, mics, 29 different speakers (Have you priced these things????) with no effort swap ability, fx, and don't forget the sim and the FIVE DIFFERENT BUILDINGS that you can use to record all this in. The thrill of neighbors calling the cops on you is no more.(You forgot that one, didn't you?) You can shop and try EVERYTHING for free. And don't get me cranked up about what a steal Sampletank is. Or how much guitars cost, IK ROCKS!
dancairney

Postby dnr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

dancairney wrote:Hey folks, just a clue .STOP WHINING. Does anybody remember when an amp cost 300.00? Or a SINGLE keyboard could run you 1200.00? Do you remember cords, hum, hiss, feedback, bad uncontrollable distortion, burnt tubes, a zillion effects that turned out sounding like animal abuse? Get real. How many trips to the local music shop that didn't stock your beloved gear, Or waiting a month for it to come in? Think. FIVE Marshalls for a hundred bucks PLUS cabs, mics, 29 different speakers (Have you priced these things????) with no effort swap ability, fx, and don't forget the sim and the FIVE DIFFERENT BUILDINGS that you can use to record all this in. The thrill of neighbors calling the cops on you is no more.(You forgot that one, didn't you?) You can shop and try EVERYTHING for free. And don't get me cranked up about what a steal Sampletank is. Or how much guitars cost, IK ROCKS!

Thanks for the patronising sermon. Let's face it the technology has not improved the quality of music being produced in any noticeable way. Access to more gear does not make anyone a better player. It's a bit like rationing when everyone was a lot healthier. Perhaps too much of everything makes people greedier and less discriminating.
dnr

Postby zemad13 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 pm

We all agree that IK stuff rocks a** (and that softwares have some serious advantages over hardwares they emulate, especially in a matter of time necessary to multiply and distribute them), and that's why we're all growing that impatient with the release of AT4 ! :D
No true whining here, just eagerness. ;)
zemad13

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:54 pm

I guess I'll be the first:
It's October 29, 7:52AM US east coast time. No email from IK and no AT4 in my user area yet. Is it really coming out today or has it been delayed?
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby zemad13 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:58 pm

n2mpujack wrote:I guess I'll be the first:
It's October 29, 7:52AM US east coast time. No email from IK and no AT4 in my user area yet. Is it really coming out today or has it been delayed?

As far as we know, as stated on IK's facebook page, it WILL be out today as promised. :)
zemad13

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:25 pm

zemad13 wrote:
n2mpujack wrote:I guess I'll be the first:

As far as we know, as stated on IK's facebook page, it WILL be out today as promised. :)

Let's all hope so. I would have thought IK would have had their computers send out emails starting at 0001 GMT October 29. ;)
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby TheMaxassin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Yeah, half an hour until release day ends here in Sydney. The anticipation is killing me! :)

UPDATE: 20 minutes after release date ended in Sydney. Dammit IK! :D
TheMaxassin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling