Amplitube 4 vs 5 RACK effects

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 4 vs 5 RACK effects

Postby rampan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:41 pm

lcipher wrote:
rampan wrote:I had same questions as you now after updating to 5.01 all is clear. I only have what I'm suppose to have. Apparently CS was more like 5. If you want to enjoy and test the models in 5
do not upgrade to 5.01 once you do you'll have them all locked as they should.

Interesting but I had CS5 installed and this was the version in info: just 5.010 (200L18)
And it still did it. There is zero diff now that I "upgraded" to (and paid) to 5 standard.
There was nothing to dl and install when I bought it - seems like the least they could do is in the INFO say CS5, %SE, 5, 5MAX etc.

If you go to Custom Shop is the "Ampitube 5 bundle (under collections) checked? Are all the gear icons underneath (in amp5) checked if you click on that ? Mine are NOT - most but same as before. So I really don't know what I have, should have, bought, etc.

My worry is I try something out I think I 'own" and it goes poof... no trust in the system right now.

I have registered an AXE IO Solo yesterday and I got the SE version but for some reason it was not updated although it said registered authorized and all I was stuck in the CS version, I know since trying to use 3 amps gives me the upgrade popup. I tried a few things uninstalled reinstalled restarted redownloaded nothing worked but I was able to fix it only when I unauthorized this computer and authorize it again, that fixed the problem and I was getting what the SE version said, then I weakened and I bought the MAX upgrade :mrgreen:
So try it out, Unauthorize and authorize that maybe fix things for you.
rampan

Postby mookyshoots » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:30 am

I have AT4 max and I'm trying to decide on which to upgrade to. If I go with AT5 standard instead of AT5 max, will I lose everything from AT4 max that isn't part of AT5 standard? I'm struggling to accept the high upgrade price on AT5 max since I paid full price for AT4 max a couple of years ago, so just trying to understand what I need to do here as they're not very clear on upgrading in general.
mookyshoots

Postby lcipher » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:38 am

mookyshoots wrote:will I lose everything from AT4 max that isn't part of AT5 standard?

that much I know - "no" you will not lose any A4MAX gear if you go to 5SE. It will keep all your old gear plus give you some more gear and "other" features like the fancy speaker VRAIR (or whatever stuff). To me it's a little unclear what "enhanced" or "upgraded" is but you do keep all your A4max stuff.

From the listing you get a few more piece of gears (vs STD) in 5 including a few more FX effects things. I went for 5 (not max) as I had most of what I wanted but did want all tne new lunch box effects and it wasnt that much more. A5MAX now yikes, thats a lot more (and I have most of the max 4 newer stuff since I bought it in May2020

That said hope it works out - you should DL and try out CS5 (free), all your gear should work from A4max just not (?) "upgraded" whatever that really means. Just be aware - when I dl'd and in installed CS5 I somehow had access to 5 full. No idea how. I *bought* 5 now an zero changed. IK seems to have some bugs in the authorization stuff.... I have a ticket open by doesn't really matter as I now own 5.
lcipher

Postby rampan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:55 am

mookyshoots wrote:I have AT4 max and I'm trying to decide on which to upgrade to. If I go with AT5 standard instead of AT5 max, will I lose everything from AT4 max that isn't part of AT5 standard? I'm struggling to accept the high upgrade price on AT5 max since I paid full price for AT4 max a couple of years ago, so just trying to understand what I need to do here as they're not very clear on upgrading in general.

My advice would be to get Amp 5 you will almost have everything MAX 5 have except the 6 collections that you may not need. Unless you will be tortured every time you see a lock and keep telling yourself I've got to have them all :roll: . I had Max4 and I went to Max5 just because of the Leslie and Satch collections plus its nice to know you can use anything you want. ;)
Still my advice is get the Amp 5 its perfect.
rampan

Postby supanorton » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:28 am

mookyshoots wrote:I have AT4 max and I'm trying to decide on which to upgrade to. If I go with AT5 standard instead of AT5 max, will I lose everything from AT4 max that isn't part of AT5 standard? I'm struggling to accept the high upgrade price on AT5 max since I paid full price for AT4 max a couple of years ago, so just trying to understand what I need to do here as they're not very clear on upgrading in general.

Just get Amplitube 5. You'll have everything you need, and it really is amazing.
supanorton

Postby mookyshoots » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:01 am

supanorton wrote:
mookyshoots wrote:Just get Amplitube 5. You'll have everything you need, and it really is amazing.

Thanks to all for the advice. I just grabbed AT5 standard and all looks right. I really just wanted the Mini 20 and the 500 series effects, which are now there and are awesome.
mookyshoots

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling